PDA

View Full Version : Cant up-load pics

Larry3215
04-30-2011, 01:05 AM
This has been going on - off and on - for at least a few weeks now. When I try to up-load pics to a post it either times out and never up-loads or I get a message about a missing security token.

help!

Larry3215
05-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Ok, the solution seems to be pre-shrinking the pics. It seems the wattflyer auto-resizer isnt working for some reason due to new servers or something.

gramps2361
05-01-2011, 05:14 PM
Your not falling on death ears Larry we are all having issues with pics. You figured it out though have to resize em.

baz49exe
05-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Same issue here guys- can't upload to an album????
Any ideas what size to reduce too?:D

Larry3215
05-02-2011, 12:58 AM
The up-load window gives max files sizes for the various formats - .jpg, .png etc. Stay under those and you should be fine.

baz49exe
05-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Thanks- sorted:D

CHELLIE
05-03-2011, 01:03 AM
Same issue here guys- can't upload to an album????
Any ideas what size to reduce too?:D

Hi Barry :ws: 1000 pix by 800 pix seems to work for me, hope that helps, Chellie

kyleservicetech
05-03-2011, 01:12 AM
This has been going on - off and on - for at least a few weeks now. When I try to up-load pics to a post it either times out and never up-loads or I get a message about a missing security token.

help!

I've been using "faststone" image freeware image viewer now for more than a few years. That's right, it's free. Image manipulation, cropping, rotating, photo color adjustment, contrast, image shrinking are but a few of its capabilities.

And again, its FREE.

Check it out. You want the "Faststone Image Viewer 4.5. To use it, just open a photo, move the mouse cursor to the top, left, right, or bottom for the options.
http://www.faststone.org/

It's been my experience that reducing the photos to 1200 by 900 pixels across, with the "Christmas Tree" icon in the menu command located on the bottom of the PC screen across works well in wattflyer.

Larry3215
05-03-2011, 02:17 AM
I've been using "faststone" image freeware image viewer now for more than a few years. That's right, it's free. Image manipulation, cropping, rotating, photo color adjustment, contrast, image shrinking are but a few of its capabilities.

And again, its FREE.

Check it out. You want the "Faststone Image Viewer 4.5. To use it, just open a photo, move the mouse cursor to the top, left, right, or bottom for the options.
http://www.faststone.org/

It's been my experience that reducing the photos to 1200 by 900 pixels across, with the "Christmas Tree" icon in the menu command located on the bottom of the PC screen across works well in wattflyer.

Denny

Does that program do batch processing? What I liked about my old program was that I could download a bunch of pics from my camera into a folder, highlight all the pics and shrink them all at one go. It was fast and handy for up-loading build pics or sending pics to friends.

I'll try this one and see how it works.