PDA

View Full Version : Miramar Airshow anyone?

xmech2k
10-03-2014, 11:20 PM
I'm going to the Miramar airshow tomorrow. Just wondering if any other Wattflyers will be there? Gonna be a scorcher, it seems! :{ But the F-35B is supposed to put on a display flight!

Don Sims
10-04-2014, 01:21 AM
I was thinking about what in the world is he going to Burma for?? Getting old is heck.... :)

xmech2k
10-04-2014, 02:30 AM
Lol! No, it's not Myanmar, it's Miramar. You know, 'I feel the need, the need for speed! '

http://media.irishcentral.com/images/Tom+Cruise+Top+Gun.jpg

(Would you like some more cheese with that picture? )

Turbojoe
10-04-2014, 04:56 AM
I was stationed at Miramar with VAW-113 in 1976-77 working on the worlds ugliest aircraft the E-2B Hawkeye. :blah: Our hangar was interconnected with Top Gun. Didn't know who the hell they were at the time though. :confused: Airshow time gave us awesome seats in our hangar. My favorite part of the show was always Bob Hoover and his impossible routine in the Shrike. As a San Diego north county native I used to go most years until traffic just got too much to deal with in and out of the base. Haven't been there since since late 90's plus I moved to Phoenix in 2002. Quite a drive for an airshow now. Still, I'd love to see it again.

Joe

xmech2k
10-04-2014, 07:37 AM
But you get the Luke AFB airshow with the Thunderbirds. I visited my folks and we went earlier this year. Saw the F-35 do a formation flyby with a P-38. The original Lightning!

Turbojoe
10-04-2014, 03:45 PM
But you get the Luke AFB airshow with the Thunderbirds. I visited my folks and we went earlier this year. Saw the F-35 do a formation flyby with a P-38. The original Lightning!

I've been here in Arizona going on 13 years and never made it to Luke Days. Mainly because it's way the other side of the valley and traffic is as bad or worse than Miramar. Maybe I'll give it a try next year.

Joe