PDA

View Full Version : Climate Chaos ??? What are they Talking About ???

CHELLIE
01-28-2015, 03:29 AM
The French Foreign Minister and John Kerry are on TV Talking about Climate Chaos, and a 500 Day Count down, What The Heck are they Talking About ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QDJb6fF8pg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ammTQzbJvHk

fhhuber
01-28-2015, 04:13 AM
If Al Gore had been right about global warming... (he won a Nobel Prize for it...)
Then much of Florida should be only viewable by a glass bottom boat now...
We are well past his predicted time for more than 20 ft rise in sea level.

Its all hype.

In the mid 1970's the scare was global cooling and a predicted 20 meter sea level drop and a new ice age.... by 1990
That didn't happen either.

Its a cycle of predictions dating back to the 1700's (at least) alternating between cooling and warming.
And they've been wrong every time.

pizzano
01-28-2015, 04:14 AM
The French Foreign Minister and John Kerry are on TV Talking about Climate Chaos, and a 500 Day Count down, What The Heck are they Talking About ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QDJb6fF8pg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ammTQzbJvHk

In a nut shell, it's an "end of times" count down which will be triggered by dramatic climate and natural disaster related events.

http://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/500-days-till-climate-chaos/

solentlife
01-28-2015, 06:16 AM
I think most of us can agree that weather has changed a lot in last years ... I know in Baltic we have gone from steady cold winters with blue skies ... dry powder snow ... to wet horrible grey crap ...

Europe / Asia with terrible flooding ... USA with extremes ....

Somethings happened.

I'm not a dis-believer in Global warming / Climate change - but I am a believer in the Earths cycle of climate. We know from exploration of Arctic / Antarctic and other areas .. forming of Fjords etc. - the Ice ages and warm periods. So in my mind we are going through earths cycles ...

Nigel

fhhuber
01-28-2015, 06:55 AM
I'm just seeing repeats of cycles I have seen before... Most of them at least twice over the last 50+ years

pizzano
01-28-2015, 04:40 PM
The Earth's climate cycles are a reality.......that's a scientifically (and Farmers Almanac) proven aspect of natures evolution.......not really a debatable isssue.

What's continues to be debated on all levels of science, religion and politics, is to what extreme are the cycles changing, what impact does mankind have on the cycles and how distructive are the future cycles going to be and when may they occur...........let us not forget the our Sun's cycles also play a big part in all of this........which we have just "scraped" the surface on understanding that aspect........the Mar's exploration has opened a few eyes regarding this issue, as well.

The "climate chaos" and "500 day countdown".........are all speculations based on hundreds and hundreds of "expert" opinions.......no one really knows more than there is a global climate change occuring........the issues will continue to be debated up until the "assumed" extreme events start occuring (which many believe they have currently).

Bub Steve
01-28-2015, 04:49 PM
There is no "debate" here,, climate change is real, look at research, not You-Tube,
bubsteve

tr4252
01-28-2015, 09:26 PM
I'm 63. All my life I've heard "The sky is falling".

It hasn't fallen yet.

Tom

Turner
01-28-2015, 09:34 PM
Just how did it become fashionable among some to deny science. Gobsmacked!

fhhuber
01-28-2015, 09:48 PM
When the science is based on politics, not reality.... we call it global warming.

The FACT is the predictions of these "scientists" were for disasters that HAVE NOT HAPPENED and we are well past the dates they proclaimed that we'd have seen it.

Turner
01-28-2015, 10:06 PM
I think you are overstating your case. All the predictions are coming true and maybe even sooner than originally thought.

carpetbagger
01-28-2015, 10:08 PM
I'm in stevecooper's camp - we are trashing the planet and climate change is a result - normal swings in the climate are getting wilder. The US has succeeded in cleaning up the sky and I remember such 1960 vintage soot bombs like Pittsburg and several southern cities where coal was the major heat source - Asheville, an apt name, Durham, dirty beyond comprehension. Sky is clearer now, cities cleaner, but how many Mt Trashmores do we have?

Bottom line, science deniers are bat crap crazy. We have more work to do and failing in that effort will leave a planet close to uninhabitable.

fhhuber
01-28-2015, 10:22 PM
You want a real environmental issue... Pollution of the oceans.

Trees produce a minuscule amount of 02 from photosynthesis... ALGAE in the oceans produce the majority.

Poison the oceans and we are all dead.

Global warming?... Alaska was prime farm land in the past. as was Antarctica. I think we could survive a bit of warming.

Turner
01-28-2015, 10:33 PM
Conservatives have to deny global warming - there, I said it - to be truly considered members of the club.

I predict this thread won't last more than a day.

fhhuber
01-28-2015, 10:38 PM
We are approaching 15 years with no change in average global temperature... despite massive increase in "greenhouse gas" production in China.

But global temperature shifts HAVE tracked really well with solar activity...

That's just fact.

pmullen503
01-28-2015, 11:09 PM
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/global/

This data doesn't seem to support that assertion.

Turner
01-28-2015, 11:10 PM
We are approaching 15 years with no change in average global temperature...

That is a rather narrow minded and climate denier supported analysis.

This is what is true:

"NASA scientists say 2013 tied with 2009 and 2006 for the seventh warmest year since 1880, continuing a long-term trend of rising global temperatures. With the exception of 1998, the 10 warmest years in the 134-year record all have occurred since 2000, with 2010 and 2005 ranking as the warmest years on record."

http://www.nasa.gov/press/2014/january/nasa-finds-2013-sustained-long-term-climate-warming-trend/#.VMlr00uPolI

fhhuber
01-28-2015, 11:13 PM
warmest year since 1880Says it was warmer in 1880...

Supporting the premise that man-created warming is a farce.

Turner
01-28-2015, 11:21 PM
See, that's the thing about science deniers. They pick one unimportant fact and hold it above decades of scientific research. You just can't argue with them. After all, fox noise tells them what to think.

pizzano
01-28-2015, 11:36 PM
As stated here previously......the overwhelming scientific debate IS NOT "weather" or not global climate changes are occuring.....and or average global temperatures have been rising the last recorded 100 years.......those are known and accepted facts by the entire scientific community........rather the reasons why, how, and will it have a continued effect or impact on mankinds future here......[popcorn]

Bub Steve
01-28-2015, 11:46 PM
We are approaching 15 years with no change in average global temperature... despite massive increase in "greenhouse gas" production in China.

That's just fact.
The global temperature from 2014 broke the previous record warmest years of 2005 and 2010 since record-keeping began in 1880.;)
bubsteve

Bub Steve
01-28-2015, 11:58 PM
Please note were all Friends here and have the right to our opinions, I like all you guys no matter how the weathers doing,
bubsteve

CHELLIE
01-29-2015, 12:57 AM
This Thread has Become very interesting :ws: Everyone, Please post your Opinions Here, Right, Wrong or Indifferent, it does not matter, It all makes for Interesting reading :ws:

carpetbagger
01-29-2015, 01:22 AM
Well, Chellie, my opinion is backed with hard science and not Faux Views - like when Bill O'Reilly said "The tide goes and the tide goes out, WHO can explain that!" Dude, maybe your 8th grade science teacher explained that while you were sleeping?

All this warming climate change aside, I freely admit I like it warm. I am a cat - always seek the warm spot. When I arise and step outside with a mug of coffee in the early morning light and it is warm enough that the mere act of hoisting the coffee mug for a sip causes me to break a sweat I know it will be a fine sweltering day.

CHELLIE
01-29-2015, 02:17 AM
What Really Caught my Attention is that we are in a 4 blood moon Tetrad right now, and that all of the Blood moons fall on a festival day of the Lord, Passover and Tabernacle with a Solar Eclips in the Middle, and the Last Blood Moon being a Super Moon, and the last Day of the 500 Day Count Down the Minister of France and John Kerry talk about, is Sept 23- 24 2015, and that seems to be close to the last Day of The Tabernacle of the 4 blood moons, Israel was found on a 4 blood moon tetrad, the 6 day war was on a 4 blood moon tetrad, the Jews were kicked out of Spain on 1492 During a 4 blood moon tetrad and America was found, I just have a gut feeling that something big is going to happen, because the Lord acts during his Festival Days, I dont know whats going to Happen but we are in a very interesting time, time will tell. in the link below are some comments for and against something happening during this 4 Blood Moon Tetrad, so I am Keeping an open Mind.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/04/15/are-blood-moons-a-biblical-sign-from-god-that-something-earth-shattering-is-about-to-happen/

fhhuber
01-29-2015, 03:42 AM
Partly because the Jewish calendar is designed around the phases of the moon... That's why Easter moves around instead of always beeng the same every year.

You can look up in the Bible (Old Testament is supposed to = the Jewish Torah + Talmud) how they determined if the year had 12 months or 13 (28 day months)
They have kept track of that for appx 4000 years.

pizzano
01-29-2015, 07:07 AM
The significance of the "Tetrads" mentioned (4 consecutive lunar eclipses) and the "Blood Moon" references are not only prevelent in the Hebrew culture but also Christian, Egyptian, Mayan, Islamic and "cult" cultures........and have been adapted through those cultures "religous" history, as events of dramatic occurences that changed those cultures history through the centuries.........the calendar by which both Christian and Hebrew "religions" reference or adpoted, is believed to have began with the Babylonian's........of which many religous "holidays" were started and practiced today.

The "scientific" relevance is due to their rarity......there have only been 8 since the time of Christ.......and the current set has been visible through out North America......which is also a rare occurance.

solentlife
01-29-2015, 08:11 AM

That's just fact.

Sorry but you cannot blame others without also realising that USA is still today refusing to ratify the climate treaties that most other industrial nations have.
Each conference USA has diluted down the requirements. Obvious why - the consequences to production, economy, employment .... the effects would be political suicide for any US politician.

I am not targeting US .... just commenting on the difficulty of climate agreements.

In the oceans - yes it is fact that a vast amount of environmental effect from it .. not only in gases released from undersea vents, but also far more petroleum than any human incident, mllions of tons of sulphurous material released underwater etc. etc.

But this does not excuse us from our part in it.

I don't think many here are refuting the climate change or warming ... but in every walk of life or field - there are extreme views either side of fence and much middle road. Both extremes have been proved wrong on various .... doesn't mean they are completely right or wrong.

Nigel

solentlife
01-29-2015, 08:27 AM
Many religious festivals are based on the taking over of Pagan festivals - that way people in the past could be brought to the 'faith'. A good example is Dec 25 and Easter in the Protestant / Catholic calendars .... both in Europe, Britain particularly where actually Druid Festivals usurped by Church.
Orthodox though has stayed with the traditional dates.

The coincidence and explanation by various faiths covers over their unwillingness to admit the taking over of pagan dates.

Much of religious rules and dates comes from such. Rules as then people would adhere to them, instead as civil rules that people would break. Dates that used pagan based so people could be easily brought to heal ....

As to xxxx year is higher / lower / hotter / colder etc. And it occurred when xxxxx was ....

I am sure I could link works events to when my dog craps on xxx spot that my model airplane crashes .... :D

Nigel

Turner
01-29-2015, 01:42 PM
The deniers always try to comfort their supporters by declaring that there is no way that human activity could have anything to do with warming trends. It is, they imply, of course because "He" would never let us humans spoil the Earth in such a way. After all, we've done such a great job of preserving the land and sea, how could we harm the air? To the deniers, you might just want to consider that when you dump 9.9 billion metric tonnes of co2 into the atmosphere - and still growing each year - year after year that there might just be some little effect.

http://co2now.org/Current-CO2/CO2-Now/global-carbon-emissions.html

fhhuber
01-29-2015, 02:52 PM
And then a Volcano erupts and in less than an hour puts out more CO2 than man can in years... and no appreciable effect on global temp...

Turner
01-29-2015, 04:29 PM
Another bit of misinformation. It's always the same with deniers. You throw up one unsubstantiated claim and that is supposed to negate decades of scientific research.

"Gas studies at volcanoes worldwide have helped volcanologists tally up a global volcanic CO2 budget in the same way that nations around the globe have cooperated to determine how much CO2 is released by human activity through the burning of fossil fuels. Our studies show that globally, volcanoes on land and under the sea release a total of about 200 million tonnes of CO2 annually.

This seems like a huge amount of CO2, but a visit to the U.S. Department of Energy's Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center (CDIAC) website (http://cdiac.ornl.gov/) helps anyone armed with a handheld calculator and a high school chemistry text put the volcanic CO2 tally into perspective. Because while 200 million tonnes of CO2 is large, the global fossil fuel CO2 emissions for 2003 tipped the scales at 26.8 billion tonnes. Thus, not only does volcanic CO2 not dwarf that of human activity, it actually comprises less than 1 percent of that value."

http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/volcanowatch/archive/2007/07_02_15.html

pizzano
01-29-2015, 05:25 PM
Another bit of misinformation. It's always the same with deniers. You throw up one unsubstantiated claim and that is supposed to negate decades of scientific research.

"Gas studies at volcanoes worldwide have helped volcanologists tally up a global volcanic CO2 budget in the same way that nations around the globe have cooperated to determine how much CO2 is released by human activity through the burning of fossil fuels. Our studies show that globally, volcanoes on land and under the sea release a total of about 200 million tonnes of CO2 annually.

This seems like a huge amount of CO2, but a visit to the U.S. Department of Energy's Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center (CDIAC) website (http://cdiac.ornl.gov/) helps anyone armed with a handheld calculator and a high school chemistry text put the volcanic CO2 tally into perspective. Because while 200 million tonnes of CO2 is large, the global fossil fuel CO2 emissions for 2003 tipped the scales at 26.8 billion tonnes. Thus, not only does volcanic CO2 not dwarf that of human activity, it actually comprises less than 1 percent of that value."

http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/volcanowatch/archive/2007/07_02_15.html

Are not those statistics accumulated over a "specific" period of time which also takes in account for the duration, number of, and size (volume) of the events for both volcanic and fossil fuel CO2 activity............not just a single event or occurance.........;)......getting way off topic here.....:D

carpetbagger
01-29-2015, 05:35 PM
Stand by, Nigel . . . The Koch Bros. are vowing to pour a record amount of cash into the 2016 election in yet another attempt to *buy* their way into ultimate power. If that happens The USA will become trash the universe leaders.

solentlife
01-29-2015, 05:39 PM
Stand by, Nigel . . . The Koch Bros. are vowing to pour a record amount of cash into the 2016 election in yet another attempt to *buy* their way into ultimate power. If that happens The USA will become trash the universe leaders.

One if the biggest shiesters in my industry went to work for Koch ....

Nigel

Bub Steve
01-29-2015, 10:07 PM
[popcorn]

bubsteve