PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Computers

CHELLIE
02-10-2015, 03:05 AM
I Hate Computers :mad: They Drive me Crazier Than What I Already am :D My Computer Crashed after a Ubuntu upgrade, my son who is a Computer Guru even had trouble getting it going again, some kind of a Compatible Problem with the new Upgrades, I was Using Ubuntu 14.04 and had to upload to 14.10, in the process I lost everything, all of my drivers/software for my camera and printer, support for drivers and software is limited with Ubuntu and Linux and I am playing hell trying to restore what I lost, I asked my son about a month ago to make up a restore back up disk but he never got around to it, and now I am Screwed :eek: Sheet, oh well, we finally got it going again, took a few days, I went out and bought a new Laptop computer for a back up, its nice, its a HP laptop got it cheap for $249.00 at Wal mart, my son was gone for a few days, so i had to try to get it set up to work, Dang, That was a BEACH ::o I got it going, only took me about a full day to get it going :red:, Yea, I am a Computer Dummy, I am Old School, this Comp Tech. drives us Old Folks Nuts, well at least it does to Me, I may have to use my new computer to load pictures with and do the printing with, as there are more drivers/software to be used with windows than ubuntu/linux , I like the Linux / Ubuntu because of the security of the program, not so easy to Hack like Windows is, Ok, I feel better now :D I had to Vent, been with out access to forums and such for a while, and Wattflyers is one of my Support Groups, Wattflyers and Night Clubs, Dancing and a Few Drinks helps me from Going Totally Crazy :eek: I am Partially Crazy and Proud of it :Q OK, Back to getting my computer drivers set up so i can post pictures of my Wing Build and so i can Video the flight when its done, Take care and have fun, Chellie

fhhuber
02-10-2015, 03:11 AM
I wait a year before doing the full version upgrades.

Let someone else find the bugs. They're still putting out incremental upgrades for Ubuntu 10.0.

CHELLIE
02-10-2015, 03:14 AM
I wait a year before doing the full version upgrades.

Let someone else find the bugs. They're still putting out incremental upgrades for Ubuntu 10.0.

Thats Smart :D my son turned off the Ubuntu Upgrade and he said to do the same thing, upgrade once a year

xmech2k
02-10-2015, 03:38 AM
I thought you were noticeably absent! I always try to wait a day or two to install upgrades. Let everyone else be the guinea pigs!

fhhuber
02-10-2015, 03:49 AM
incremental upgrades of the older versions are mostly upgrades to Flash and such... not the operating system itself.

I'm still on Ubuntu 12

hayofstacks
02-10-2015, 04:19 AM
Last ubuntu version i had was around 5 or 6. Haven't owned a computer for almost 10 years now.

kyleservicetech
02-10-2015, 05:48 AM
I Hate Computers :mad: They Drive me Crazier Than What I Already am :D My Computer Crashed after a Ubuntu upgrade,

I picked up one of those 1 Tb (1 Terabyte or 1000 Gigabyte) external hard drives several years ago. And immediately backed up all my important stuff from my PC hard drive to this 1 Tb drive.

And, a week later, got nailed by one of those ransomware virus programs that completely locked up my computer until I gave some :censor: person my credit card number. Like that was going to happen. Absolutely nothing worked, could not even access the safe start up program, or use a DVD to boot from.

Word to the wise, those ransomware virus attacks are around again, it was just reported on the national news program.

So, I had to completely erase the computer hard drive and re-install Windows and start completely over. In the mean time, I had to buy a new computer.

That virus got in when I clicked on a Norton virus protection update. It was an exact copy of the Norton screen, but was an actual virus. People at the local computer store told me to never never never ever click on any of those popups. Doing so bypasses some of those virus protection programs. Such as Norton.

fhhuber
02-10-2015, 06:06 AM
Easy to avoid the ransomware...

Used the internet since 1993
Used BBS boards 1982 to 1995

Never a virus or spyware on my machines.

I did have to clean out the viruses DAILY from 50 computers in a college computer lab.
It was easy to trace where the viruses came from and which students went to those sites.