PDA

View Full Version : FED EX delivered my package, I just don't know to where.

birdDog
03-01-2015, 01:13 AM
So, I am anxiously awaiting my first rc purchase in half a decade. Just a couple motors I don't really need, an extra ESC, but mostly a new TX battery.
Fed Ex just blew past my house at full speed and into the back of the subdivision :eek:. Now I see my precious HobbyKing order is checked off his list! Delivered? CMON MAN! :censor:? REALLY? Canvased the neighborhood, called a couple numbers I pulled of bing. Nothing, nada, zip.
Fed Ex (possibly ex carrier for me) said they will get back in around 2 hours on the phone. What a pain in the butt.
Anyone have any experience with this scenario and/or companies?

I guess I will have stuff delivered to work from now on.:blah:

gramps2361
03-01-2015, 01:37 AM
That stinks I haven't had it happen with fedx or UPS, but the USPS man can they screw up a delivery. Sorry to read your problem hope one of the folks turns it into FedEx, or FedEx finds it so you can get on with your build.

carpetbagger
03-01-2015, 01:45 AM
few years ago USPS had rural delivery folks who used their own cars and apparently missed school the day they had reading lessons. Had that happen a few times,, now we see a genuine postal vehicle and a post person w/uniform - no more probs. UPS & Fed Ex solid, except the buggers don't do anything on a weekend.

fishycomics
03-01-2015, 02:07 AM
Fed Ex and UPS do not Deliver on Saturday and Sundays, Only USPS. does that hold true for you? Here it does Lol Has to be Business stuff.

birdDog
03-01-2015, 02:46 AM
Fed Ex and UPS do not Deliver on Saturday and Sundays, Only USPS. does that hold true for you? Here it does Lol Has to be Business stuff.

Nah, he drove by at 5:30pm Saturday here. Was scheduled in tracking report. Residential delivery. I was surprised by that too. I was more surprised when it updated as delivered. I guess it's just one of the perils of being at the end of the route on Saturday.
Case worker wants 24-48 to look into things...

carpetbagger
03-01-2015, 02:55 AM
No UPS Sat delivery here so my package, delayed a buncha days by snow, is sitting 20 miles down the road, gathering dust.

Turbojoe
03-01-2015, 03:43 AM
I've had the same UPS driver for the last three years or so and HE is great. UPS itself is hit or miss. I've had your same situation with FedEx and USPS where they show my package as delivered and it's not here. You can't help but freak out thinking you'll never see the package again. In EVERY case the driver was just lazy or stupid and didn't want to stop for another delivery so they mark it delivered and move on to stay on schedule. The package always magically shows up the next business day. It infuriates me when they pull this stunt! :mad: :mad:

Joe

fhhuber
03-01-2015, 03:57 AM
UPS was delivering my stuff to an empty lot on the wrong street...
Somehow they didn't notice that there was no building on the lot that corresponded to the house number and they were 3 blocks off.

fishycomics
03-01-2015, 11:10 AM
Residential we are as well, no deliveries here. So I plan my deliveries. Sucks b/c you did not even get a missed delivery sticker, to go to the Pick up place.

Just grab another craft and go have fun, a day later or two can not break you?

fhhuber
03-01-2015, 12:20 PM
The problem with this situation is... You didn't get the package but the shipping co lists it as delivered.

The sender gets a notice that its delivered and the shipping co says it got delivered, but you got nothing and everyone assumes you are scamming when you say you didn't get your order.
When the real problem is some lazy driver who may have simply dumped half his truckload in a dumpster.

I sent notices to Fed Ex, UPS and DHL to have it in their records that if I didn't sign for it they didn't deliver it. No packages to ever be left without signature.

Turbojoe
03-01-2015, 12:42 PM
Every time I make an online purchase I worry. Between scammers and crappy delivery services I guess we're pretty darned lucky we get anything we pay for. Look at how many times you see in the news where postal workers get caught either throwing mail away or stashing it somewhere so they don't have to bother with delivery. UPS and FedEx drivers toss expensive packages as far as they can rather than walk to the door with it. It's truly pathetic.

I wish hobby shops were still hobby shops rather than toy stores so I could just buy the things I need locally. They're all "cookie cutter" shops now and every shop carries exactly the same thing. bARF's, Blade helis and now quadcopters occupy every square inch of the stores. :blah:

Joe

tobydogs
03-01-2015, 01:19 PM
i'v tried orders from different online companies and the better ones like hurc,tower,horizon use outer shipping cartons to protect the order. but twice i tried a new company for a plane purchase and both came mailed only in there printed box the items come with...... dang!! you would think they would come destroyed by a carrier who doesn't want to deliver a balsa arf to me and maybe keep it. to me thats the ultimate in being irresponsible as a online store.

scary how many issues we can run into with shipping,but since our local hobby shops don't carry much in the way of planes what choice do we have:confused:

i hope you find your package so you can just enjoy the items you bought with your hard earned cash.

birdDog
03-01-2015, 04:28 PM
Package delivered to rear door Sunday between 9-10am. 4wd tracks in driveway. I can only assume it was delivered to an honest neighbor. Will post how this plays out with fedex. The new Turnigy motors look pretty nice for the low cost.

xmech2k
03-01-2015, 05:24 PM
I've had this happen a few times and the package show up the next day. I always assumed they didn't have time to deliver it, so they left it on the truck for the next day, but mark it as delivered to keep their 'numbers' looking good.