PDA

View Full Version : Oshkosh Trip

aircruiser
06-13-2006, 06:52 AM
Just wondering who all is going this year. I'm going and we're camping near there. I'll be sure to bring back a full report and pics and maybe some videos. So is anyone else going? I went two years ago. It was one of the best trips ever! Well, at least to wisconsin. :D Sorry, a little MN vs. WI humor.

Don Sims
06-13-2006, 12:49 PM
It is a great time and an excellent event for all types of full scales. My dad and I would stay at the dorms when we went for several years.

Please post a thread, I'll be looking forward to seeing the photos. It will be the next best thing to going!

aircruiser
06-13-2006, 07:08 PM
Sure thing. They were going to have a B-29 there, but he broke down and could not make it. But hopefully there will be more bombers there. I'll be sure to get lots of pics.

aircruiser
07-25-2006, 11:38 PM
Alrighty folks, I leave two days from tomorrow for Oshkosh, 6 hour drive. We get there thursday and come back next thursday. We go to Oshkosh thursday through saturday and them we hit Chipawa falls and then Duluth. I'll be back with pics and movies and a full report friday or thursday. Until thursday, I'm still here.

firemanbill
07-25-2006, 11:44 PM
Sounds like a blast bronco! Look forward to seeing the pics and hearing all about it.

Be safe and have fun!

aircruiser
07-26-2006, 12:14 AM
Sure thing man, it is one awesome trip! They have had F16 falcons come through and do low fly bys and do amazing stuff. They had some bombers fly over and rigged up explosives to go off when they went over. It was awesome!

firemanbill
07-26-2006, 12:28 AM
see now that's why I love my job...

I get to watch F-15 Eagles, F-22 Raptors, and F-16 Falcons do low fly bys just about everyday!:D Our runway has been closed for a couple of months now for repairs and it has been really quiet. I could not imagine living somewhere where I can't hear fighter jets fly by all the time!

Working in the FD at Langley AFB has it's advantages. of course it does takes it's toll on your hearing.:p

firemanbill
07-26-2006, 12:38 AM
While your there see if you see one of these, You can't miss it if it's there.

One of if not the biggest fire truck ever buil was built by Oshkosh. This was the truck I drove in the heyday of my Firefighting career! what a blast it was!

Twin V-8 Turbo charged Diesels! Each wheel and tire assembly weighs 2 tons!

aircruiser
07-26-2006, 12:44 AM
Wow, I guess I won't miss it! I'll let you know, I don't think I saw one last time, but who knows. BTW, I'm lucky if I see 2 planes a week! Due to stuck up snotty people near us, they got the nearby airport closed. They even get mad if I run my electric stampede.

firemanbill
07-26-2006, 12:52 AM
Yeah probably not, The ones that are still around are at Air Force airlift bases where the C-5, C-17's and the like are. If you did see one it would be in the shop at teh factroy, if it is even still open. It is, or was, at the airfield where the show is though.

aircruiser
07-26-2006, 01:08 AM
Sweet, I'll keep my eyes peeled. :D

Don Sims
07-26-2006, 03:34 AM
My dad and his buddy went up on Sunday. They come back Wed. Enjoy the trip!

aircruiser
07-26-2006, 03:43 AM
Thanks Don, I plan to!!

Incase you'd like to read up on what's happening, here's a link:

http://www.airventure.org/

:)

Grasshopper
07-26-2006, 03:47 AM
Have a good trip Bronco! One of our company's vendors envited me to come up and see it compliments of them. What a deal, but I had to pass it up. Too much going on at work and home.

Take lots of pictures for us.

aircruiser
07-26-2006, 11:46 PM
Thanks Grasshopper, to bad you had to miss it. :(

I leave tomorrow!! Can't wait!

Who knows, it's calm out right now and hopefully we can get in a family flight with one of my buddies.

07-29-2006, 04:56 PM
Is Oshkosh over?

donjiskra
07-29-2006, 07:43 PM
No, It ends August 1st.
Went on the 26th and was well worth it.
Awesome. Something for everyone.
Go and enjoy!!!!

kaidomac
08-01-2006, 03:38 PM
Yeah I went Wed - Fri. Looks like they had some scheduling problems on the WWII show Friday afternoon :D Unfortunately my camera only has a 3x zoom so most of the planes are tiny specks, but I had a good time.

btw BroncoPilot did you get your Ford hat? ;)