PDA

View Full Version : slow wattflyer,hasn't retained my login,fewer posts....

tobydogs
08-06-2015, 03:25 AM
each day I check in on my favorite forum and see who is talking rc. lately I have to re-enter the password to log in, the initial home page opens right away,but switching to "todays post" is very slow both on my computer at home or at work.

I wonder if this is happening to everyone and some are getting frustrated by the delay while reading threads????

I know I post less now and am hoping the server for watt flyer improves soon. I thank the moderators for all their hard work and attempts to get the service back up to old standards. we seem to be missing a lot of old posters these days.we used to have more than 22 new posts everyday and almost always had 2pages to read. seems we only have 10 to 15 new posts each day. i miss the old gang.:{

on the plus side,we always have plenty of guests reading the threads each day:ws:. theres tons of great info here at wattflyer. I'm just missing the daily sharing of info in this awesome hobby of electric rc.

any suggestions to improving participation from others would be great. any ideas ?[popcorn]

fhhuber
08-06-2015, 03:49 AM
Re slow forum response and not remembering password:

Issue will most likely be at your end. No issues here

solentlife
08-06-2015, 05:41 AM
I have commented before about slow pages .... but password is fine. Usual reason password drops out is if the 'cookie' is not retained. Either by auto-cleaner or user doing a computer file ckean-up by eg Cleaner etc.

Nigel

dahawk
08-06-2015, 01:33 PM
Stu,

I too have noticed that it takes a few more seconds for a page to load.

Porcia83
08-06-2015, 02:40 PM
intermittent slow pages, but i find the system will always kick me out after some arbitrary time, not sure what that is though. It's never been any different in the years I've been on here, and doesn't matter what browser or computer I'm using...just figured that was the way it was.

fwiw..system has been very fast lately.

xmech2k
08-06-2015, 03:39 PM
No login retention problem here. As mentioned above, a few others and myself noted several weeks ago the slow loading of the 'new posts' page. Not nearly enough to keep me away, but a few of our forum members have done that job well. Taken the fun out of here. I still check in occasionally.

Fishbonez
08-06-2015, 03:53 PM
but a few of our forum members have done that job well. Taken the fun out of here. I still check in occasionally.

Agreed

Bub Steve
08-06-2015, 07:10 PM
no prob's here,, never have really,,,

JetPlaneFlyer
08-06-2015, 07:13 PM
I've not noticed any issues at all. Sure occasionally a page is slow but for me it's no worse than it's ever been.