View Full Version : Another Proud Papa moment

06-10-2016, 02:32 PM
Mason graduated from his ROTC Field Officer training and is now officially a Air Force Cadet on contract. Leaving camp Shelby this morning and headed back home for a couple months before heading back to Va Tech this fall as part of the training cadre for new cadets.

Gotta be a pretty awesome feeling to get that farewell salute.:cool:

P51 fan
06-10-2016, 06:32 PM
Awesome! Gotta be a pretty great feeling being that proud father also. :)

06-10-2016, 06:40 PM
Yes it is. He is one special young man for sure. Not only my Son but also my best friend.

06-10-2016, 09:18 PM
Massive props and congrats, talk about a great accomplishment.

I was an Air Force brat, moved every two or three years all over the place. My "handle" comes from one of the towns we lived in overseas. There were 5 boys in the family, and the parents. Pops was an OSI agent so his rank was never disclosed, but the highest he made it was tech sgt. Got his college degree 10 years in, and worked odd jobs etc, as well as doing coaching etc with the boys, ultimately never was a ladder climber. Retired at 25 years and got a job with the state as an investigator. Only one of the 5 of us went the military route, although some did police work. I think one of my dad's proudest days was seeing his oldest graduate ROTC as a 2nd Lieutenant in the Air Force. Not only did he follow in that service, he eventually went OSI as well, and worked with my Pops old boss, talk about a freakin small world. Twenty years later my brother retired as a Lt Colonel. He and my dad have matching badges in Lucite.

Again, congrats and safe travels and experiences for your son, and best friend.

Don Sims
06-11-2016, 12:09 AM
Congrats Mason! (and Bill) Glad to see he's doing so well Bill but not surprised at all, he's a fine young man.

06-13-2016, 02:16 PM
Thanks guys. Nice story their Porcia.

I was one of those trudgers too. I was too vocal and said what I thought way too many times to be a ladder climber. I retired as an E-6 after 20 years and went on to work Civil service for the USAF for another 13 where I did better because I WAS allowed to speak my mind a little easier without being hammered for it quite so much.

My experiences have helped me give him advice on what not to do! lol. Fortunately he listens well.