PDA

View Full Version : VIP no fly zone. Trump nightmare for New Jersey.

tobydogs
04-22-2017, 05:33 PM
OK, so maybe i'm jumping the gun here , but Donald Trump just anounced he will be spending weekends at a private golf coarse he owns in New Jersey. It's located 88miles south of where I live.
A No Fly Zone has a inner circle of 20 mile radius. The outter circle extends another 60 miles. Thats over 3700 sq miles and scary close to the FAA adding our flying field to the NFZ just because we are located on the very edge and farthest most north of the areas that may be involed..

I truly hope not,but some of the best club fields in NJ are south of me where theres plenty of beautiful AMA sanctioned places to fly. Here's my suggestion to AMA. They need to negotiate somehow that rc aircraft not capable of flying over 12miles should be exempt if flown at a "sanctioned" AMA club field!!!! I have a FPV wing that could fly the distance of 12miles out and back ,but not the FPV gear to go that far. So during a NFZ[no fly zone] I should be allowed to obey the law of FPV'ing and fly line of sight over the club field.

If you have thoughs on the FAA regulations regaring vip no fly. Do share, but PLEASE, don't talk politics. This is a AMA and FAA topic only and how our rights to enjoy our hobby at sanctioned AMA fields are being unduly abused.

The temptation to talk about Tax dollars spent on our presidents vacation locations[ Florida, and now NJ] is off topic. Start another thread in a different forum other than Wattflyer.;)

Rat's,it's still raining:censor:

pizzano
04-22-2017, 06:30 PM
Well, if one were a "licensed" UAV operator, possessing registered and legal UAV equipment, there are exemptions and certificates that can be assigned for the use of such. It happens occasionally to commercial UAV operators currently working within an area surprised by a sudden NFZ Bulletin when VIP occurrences crop-up. .........

Even a few of the local AMA certified RC airfields around here, maintain such "licenses" for the use of situations that arise from NFZ Bulletins. Like when the RC air field may have scheduled an event that suddenly becomes "in conflict".......the actual circumstances involved will dictate whether or not the event will be cancelled and rescheduled.

In the case of commercial UAV in progress at the time or during the time frame of the Bulletin, we have been told to maintain the ceiling elevation and horizontal limits we submitted with our flight plan to the local FAA branch, prior to the assignment (like we do for every project) and complete the assignment as quickly as possible......and notify the local branch as soon as we have completed (cleared the restricted air space) project. Generally, we are not allowed (up again) within that location until such time the VIP NFZ has been cleared and we receive such notification from the local Branch or Local airport advisory authority within 60 miles of the event...........much like what private pilots must endear when submitting their flight plan for a planned trip.

dahawk
04-22-2017, 09:14 PM
Invite the Potus to come over for some buddy-boxing. Lol
I would think there's a process to file for a waiver.

tobydogs
05-04-2017, 02:40 AM
Here we go:mad:, VIP travel TFR in effect from thurs 2:30pm to Sunday 10pm!

If this is any indication of Trumps travel plans for the summer weekends, we are screwed. I just happen to have a 4 day weekend and will go flying Thursday until 2:30.....then it's rain Friday and Saturday. Sunday is supposed to be good but no flying allowed. Oh well,at least I have tommarro off.:roll:

dahawk
05-04-2017, 04:21 AM
Get all the club members to write the White House. Cc head of FAA and AMA. Contact local congressman, US Senators

dahawk
05-04-2017, 05:56 PM
Looks like the later part of May should be good for you guys:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/04/trump-heading-to-israel-saudi-arabia-vatican-in-1st-foreign-trip-as-president.html

tobydogs
05-04-2017, 11:33 PM
cid:[email protected]

I can't seem to post images like i used to to show how far away we are from trump. This really succ's ,the 5 oclock news says he is going to be in bedminister, a town in nj. this is 54 miles south of the club field. this is wrong.

tobydogs
05-04-2017, 11:44 PM
hope this works for a map of the TFR zone, we are the little red spot .....Trump is way down south but our zone is HUGE!!!!!:mad:

firemanbill
05-05-2017, 03:55 AM
We used to run into this int he Hampton Roads area of Virginia all the time back when George W and then obama were in office. Sadly not a whole lot you can do about it.:(

I'm good now though, not much chance of them flying into Sevierville very often! lol