Go Back  WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Capt Easy
Reload this Page >

Conversation Between Capt Easy and Fly Time

Conversation Between Capt Easy and Fly Time
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 24
  1. Capt Easy
    03-16-2010 11:33 PM
    Greetings Doug -

I remember a way back you located some "C" clips for your Maxford Gee Bee main landing gear after losing one. I tried Maxford and of course they don't have any unless you purchase the entire gear. So, I thought maybe you could tell me where you found yours.
    I'm going to try a temp fix with some thin wire wrapped around the axel slot but would need to find a "c" clip sometime sooner thatn later.

Anyway good excuse to drop you a line. Let me know what you've been up to and what the latest hanger inventory includes.

Hope your doing well,

Dick
  2. Capt Easy
    06-04-2009 01:44 AM
    I'd like to haven aerobatic and amphib as well but space is beconing a serious issue.....I doubt it'll stop me though. I've decided to build on the P-36 since the P-6E is HUGE and I need to find a place to put it when it's finished. The P-36 isn't quite as large but I'll still need to find space for it as well. Oh, how our trials never cease. in this hobby
    Have fun fun Doug....
  3. Capt Easy
    06-02-2009 11:31 PM
    Thanks my frind. It was a relief and even anti climatic maiden considering the anxiety I conjured up.

The P-6E may be awhile yet. I have started building and now have most of the accessories for it. I also have a Curtiss P-36A in the box yet and I can't decide which one to finsih first. Both will require more room to fly than I think I have right now not to mention the hanger space.

Here's hoping your flying season is going well. Have you got your sights set on anything new to add to your hanger lately? That Waco would be a hard act to follow....
  4. Fly Time
    06-02-2009 08:30 PM
    Hey Dick, congrats on finally getting the Weddel-Williams in the air! So how goes the progress on the P-6?
  5. Fly Time
    04-02-2009 10:42 PM
    The P-47 was my third plane, before I was comfortable experimenting with power systems beyond what the manufacturer recomends, so I went with the E-Flite recommended setup. It's great! I like the look of the new scale 3 and 4 bladed props that Hobby-Lobby is selling. One of those would look great on the Jug! If you want a good outrunner for a prop like that, check out the PowerUp 480 that Jeff at headsuprc is selling. I've got one in my Sea Fury and it does great turning a 5-bladed prop. I like gearboxes, but big props and an occasional nose over are kind of rough on them.
  6. Fly Time
    04-01-2009 12:36 AM
    I've got the Park 400 inrunner and gearbox at 6:1 (I think). The brushed 480 is the same one that comes in the Super Cub, just so you have an idea of what to expect.
  7. Fly Time
    03-28-2009 10:48 PM
    Yep, that's outside diameter. The Park 400 inrunner is a 20mm motor, pretty much identical to the Himax 2025 series. I have one Park and 2 Himax motors. Both are great. The stock E-F gearbox works great for a 20mm inrunner, although you have to get a different spur gear and matching pinion gear. Figure on maximum power of about 225 watts with this setup. If you need the extra power to turn a 4-bladed prop, then I would suggest getting a 28mm inrunner and a beefier gearbox like a Cobri. I don't know of a 28mm E-Flite motor, but Himax makes them, as does Mega. www.e-flightline.com sells those motors plus the Cobri gearbox. HobbyCity has some inexpensive off-brand inrunners if you want to save a few $$. I'm sure they would work well too.
  8. Capt Easy
    03-28-2009 03:34 AM
    Doug,
    By "20 or 28 mm" do you mean outside dia of the can? I'm not familiar with the Cobri gearbox either. I thought I'd jsut add the Park 400 with the orig gearbox but if you think it would better to go with something else let me know. Didn't you orig go with the Park 400 and orig gearbox?
    What's the Himax 2825 motor require for mounting for example?
    I would like to add a three or four blade prop for sure though so the 28mm and Cobri gearbox sounds olike the best bet.

Byt the way it looks like you're flying the Waco ...??? What's it like? Any threads posted?

"...... so I switched to a 480 sized outrunner. If you like the gearbox idea and really want to juice it up (or run a 4 bladed prop), get a 28mm inrunner and a Cobri gearbox."[/COLOR][/COLOR]
  9. Fly Time
    03-14-2009 11:32 PM
    Hey Dick. The Waco would be in the air by now if not for my endless fidling to make it unique. I'm working on getting the lights installed, but oh how I hate to cut into the covering to do it! I've also been working on a custom spinner, of the style you might find on a Cessna 195. There are no off-the-shelf spinners of that style in this scale, so I'm making my own. If I ever finish this thing, it's gonna look great!
  10. Fly Time
    03-03-2009 11:05 PM
    Hey Dick. Any progress on the Wedell-Williams? The Waco YKS is coming together nicely. My motor arrived yesterday but I am still waiting on some nav lights to arrive from HobbyCity to complete the kit. Also got some custom graphics from Callie Grahics to dress it up a little. I must say Pilot-1 did a great job with this one. It is going together really smoothly! Sorry to hear the WW isn't as nice.

Hope you are well.
    Doug

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.05556 seconds with 13 queries