WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - Conversation Between Biplane Murphy and Angler-Hi

Conversation Between Biplane Murphy and Angler-Hi
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. Biplane Murphy
    06-08-2008 05:10 AM
    Hi Mike.....I usually set the engine mount in place so that the motor shaft is centered where the hole in the cowl is.....you can do it with the hole in the firewall assuming it is actually in the center of the firewall....Or....use a ruler, and tape it to the top of the fuselage running one of the edges as a centerline extending out however far the cowl extends....then line up the engine and mount with that centerline so that the motor thrust plate intersects with that line....
  2. Angler-Hi
    06-08-2008 05:00 AM
    Thanks so much Chris!!! BTW, how would I know how far to the left or right I should mount the engine? Do I line the back of the engine up center with the hole?
  3. Biplane Murphy
    06-08-2008 04:11 AM
    Hi Mike.....the Firewall has the thrust angle built into it.......if you look at the motor mount they included, there should be centermarks on the sides of the mount....just line those up with the marks on the firewall, and you will be all set...
  4. Angler-Hi
    06-08-2008 03:04 AM
    Hey friend. I was wondering how I'm supposed to know where to mount the engine mounts/engine to the firewall on my P-51? There's nothing in the manual about this. Don't I have to account for thrust angle? There's just a hole in the firewall, with a cross cut running from the center. Any idea wwhat I should do? Thanks Chris.

Mike

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.03532 seconds with 13 queries