Conversation Between solentlife and Abuelo
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. solentlife
    03-25-2015 10:35 PM
    Good Day sir ...

I generally stay in the 1000kv range - this gives me a wide range of props. Less than 1000kv means fitting larger props to regain the thrust factors.
    For my general stuff in the 28xx motor range - I try to keep similar setups and then I don't need to expand my already too large a range of props.

The 2830 1000kv is a pretty middle road general motor available cheap from Hobby King and others like RC Timer. For basically $10 - you get a reasonable performer.

Stir the pot !! I just get fed up sometimes and have a little dig - but its usually on RC Groups where quite a few people need to be taken down a peg or two. Here on WF - I love the people and the friendly atmosphere.

Nigel
  2. Abuelo
    03-25-2015 10:25 PM
    Nigel,

RE: So now I've swapped out the 2822 Emax 1100kv for a Turnigy 2830 1000kv ... this lets me fit the 11x5.5 prop instead of the 10x6.

Is this the KV you have for all your Emax CF 2822 motors, or do you prefer another value for different planes. I have two of the CF 2822 800kv motors in satisfactory use right now (high wing trainer types), and would like to get a couple more but I'm wondering if there is a more all-around KV that I should consider.

Enjoy your postings and comments, and keep up the good work. The pot needs to be stirred occasionally.

Bill (Abuelo)

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.03555 seconds with 13 queries