WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chit Chat (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Guess the movie (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79264)

Stick Dude 10-27-2018 01:44 AM

Ill check you tube, thanx Nigel!

solentlife 10-27-2018 03:07 PM

The second one was : All quiet on the Western Front ...

It was banned in Germany when it first was released.

OK - question on this ...

What TV serial did the lead actor make years later and every episode he said "Goodnight" ...

Nigel

solentlife 10-27-2018 03:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK .. onto something more recent ....

Name the movie ... and what was the dilemma faced and the result ?

Nigel

Turbojoe 10-27-2018 04:26 PM


Originally Posted by solentlife (Post 1015279)
OK .. onto something more recent ....

Name the movie ... and what was the dilemma faced and the result ?

Nigel


I watched that movie probably a year ago and I'll be damned if I can remember the name of it. It truly was a dilemma for the drone operator....:{


Joe

Stick Dude 10-27-2018 05:02 PM

It was a well written film if I recall, I think the lead actor was John boy from the Waltons? as fer the new film im unsure again, LOL

solentlife 10-27-2018 05:32 PM


Originally Posted by Stick Dude (Post 1015283)
It was a well written film if I recall, I think the lead actor was John boy from the Waltons? as fer the new film im unsure again, LOL

YEP ... he went on to be John Boy in Waltons and with every episode ending in 'lights out and saying Goodnight' ...

What I found amazing is how many years between the movie and the TV serial ... and he looks the same !!

Nigel

solentlife 10-27-2018 05:41 PM


Originally Posted by Turbojoe (Post 1015281)
I watched that movie probably a year ago and I'll be damned if I can remember the name of it. It truly was a dilemma for the drone operator....:{


Joe

You got it ... I think you've given enough away that I might as well cough up the Title : Eye in the Sky ...

Helen Mirren as UK commander of Drone Ops - they get info that targets a house where suicide bombers are being 'suited up' ... but the girl sets up a 'bread stand' too close to the blast area ...

The movie was slated by some as it dared to show the problem of 'collateral / civilian' damage ... even for a smart weapon.

The sad part is the girl may have lived if it had not been necessary to second strike the house ...

I don't know about you lot - but we all want our Military to do the job, most of us especially who have witnessed war understand its a dirty business ... and there will always be a human cost ..
Todays instant news / media access has put that at top of the mountain to hamstring the military ....

OK rant over !!

Brilliant movie portraying the terrible decisions that have ti be made.

Nigel

Jack_Hammer 10-27-2018 08:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
SS Nazis having an "oh sh**" moment in.....

Stick Dude 10-29-2018 01:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok gang here is an obscure rare clip, if you guess this you truly are a super movie buff! Mel Brooks may have pulled his idears from this film, and the Film writer it came from loved it, Name that film!:D

Stick Dude 10-29-2018 01:20 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Film number two, guess rare film and win a cigar! You Euro bro should get this one, no so much with the Mericans…..????

solentlife 10-29-2018 11:02 AM


Originally Posted by Stick Dude (Post 1015328)
Ok gang here is an obscure rare clip, if you guess this you truly are a super movie buff! Mel Brooks may have pulled his idears from this film, and the Film writer it came from loved it, Name that film!:D

The first picture of course reminds of the Tin Man in Wizard of Oz ... and the second has a character from Muppets ... mmmmmmmmmmmmm cannot see the connection !

Not not given up yet.

Nigel

solentlife 10-29-2018 11:04 AM


Originally Posted by Stick Dude (Post 1015329)
Film number two, guess rare film and win a cigar! You Euro bro should get this one, no so much with the Mericans…..????

First picture reminds me of Pink Floyd's - The Wall ... but second apart from the Picture title fantastic Planet2 ... no idea.

Nigel

Stick Dude 10-29-2018 03:47 PM

Le Planate Savage, Fantastic Planet is correct! One film that "freaked" me out for years, next to Soylent Green! Give on the other one, It called Hardware Wars, a 1970s funny spin on Star Wars a new hope. Notice the cookie monster in the front, he's supposed to be Chewbacca, LOL! Look up Hardware wars on you tube, and have a laugh, class stuff good for a grin.

Stick Dude 10-29-2018 03:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is anther film, guess....It still cracks me up today.:D

solentlife 10-29-2018 04:07 PM


Originally Posted by Stick Dude (Post 1015346)
Le Planate Savage, Fantastic Planet is correct! One film that "freaked" me out for years, next to Soylent Green! Give on the other one, It called Hardware Wars, a 1970s funny spin on Star Wars a new hope. Notice the cookie monster in the front, he's supposed to be Chewbacca, LOL! Look up Hardware wars on you tube, and have a laugh, class stuff good for a grin.

Thinking of 'Wars' ... dunno how old you are but I go back to days before the PC ...

There's an old story about creation of first computer virus. A certain Dr. X was involved with early mainframe computers. A group of mainframe establishments got involved in a 'game' called Modem Wars ...

Its said that the coding for the game needed only one line altered to make it viral. It is 'implied' that Dr X created that and so gave birth to a whole industry fighting virus codes.

Who knows except Dr. X ??

Nigel

Stick Dude 10-31-2018 12:25 AM

Im Gen X, and I haven't seen the film you mention there, but it reminds me of a Mathew Brodreck film from 1983 called "War Games" Pretty cool stuff!

solentlife 10-31-2018 11:22 AM


Originally Posted by Stick Dude (Post 1015381)
Im Gen X, and I haven't seen the film you mention there, but it reminds me of a Mathew Brodreck film from 1983 called "War Games" Pretty cool stuff!

Remember it well ... in fact I have a VHS video still of it ...

"Joshua"

There is another movie featuring computers ... where USA build a supercomputer to manage defence system. Switch on and first thing it does is demand to be connected to the Russian system ... it then imprisons the designer who is only one who can switch it off ...

Anyone care to name it ?

Nigel


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:32 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.04833 seconds with 9 queries