WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   WattFlyer Scratchbuild Contest Number Two (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38724)

CHELLIE 09-10-2008 07:18 AM

Count me in too :) I will be building something like this, but in a profile type design

http://graphics.hobbypeople.net/gallery/116520.jpg

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38890

hariustrk 09-11-2008 01:44 PM

Ack i'm too late to join in aren't I?

FlyingMonkey 09-11-2008 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by hariustrk (Post 473583)

post a picture by tomorrow of, well, anything to do with your build

that should cover you

hariustrk 09-11-2008 04:54 PM

Let the games begin then:
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...638#post473638

Larry3215 09-11-2008 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by hariustrk (Post 473583)

No, you're not too late to enter a NEW build.

You only have to post a pic by tomorrow IF you are trying to enter a build that was started before the official start date. Then the CD will decide if your build is eligible.

For new builds, the only requirement is that you finish and fly it by Dec 31. You can enter as may new builds as you want and can finish.

Larry3215 09-11-2008 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by hariustrk (Post 473664)

Somethng is wrong with that thread - I think Steve's picture he posted is messing things up. I cant post a reply for some reason and cant even report the post.

Neat idea for a build!

Rabbitcreekok 09-11-2008 08:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, besides all the glory of winning the Scratch Builders Contest #2 and the nationwide news coverage that will result:Q, there is a really great prize, donated to the cause by Atlanta Hobby.

That prize is the Mercury Adhesives Caddy filled with Mercury Adhesives. I have one of those and the Caddy is really nice to keep those adhesives organized. And the Mercury Adhesives are really great, made here in the USA.

So keep building and someone will get all his CA replaced, along with thread locker and debonder.

CHELLIE 09-11-2008 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Rabbitcreekok (Post 473792)
Well, besides all the glory of winning the Scratch Builders Contest #2 and the nationwide news coverage that will result:Q, there is a really great prize, donated to the cause by Atlanta Hobby.

That prize is the Mercury Adhesives Caddy filled with Mercury Adhesives. I have one of those and the Caddy is really nice to keep those adhesives organized. And the Mercury Adhesives are really great, made here in the USA.

So keep building and someone will get all his CA replaced, along with thread locker and debonder.

Gee, that Caddy of CA will sure look great on My Work Bench :D :Q ;-) LOL

RocketMan 09-12-2008 02:45 AM

"YADA" - Yet Another Delta Airplane

I guess I'm the new 'kid' on the block and here's my entry:

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=474074

Cheers,

Rick

GreenAce92 09-12-2008 03:41 AM

Hes a new kid, a rocket kid!!!
rocket kid!!! eehhhoooweeehhh...

lol kiddin just had to do it, cuz the song Rocketman(pretty good song)

RocketMan 09-12-2008 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by GreenAce92 (Post 474135)
Hes a new kid, a rocket kid!!!
rocket kid!!! eehhhoooweeehhh...

lol kiddin just had to do it, cuz the song Rocketman(pretty good song)

You found me out. Elton John's song Rocket Man is one of my favorites of all time and hence my screen name...

GreenAce92 09-12-2008 03:55 AM

Lol i remember it most from family guy lol

Oh BTW the idea with posting the link on here for everyone's build thread is a great idea, i mean it saves us from locating them.

fr4nk1yn 09-12-2008 05:29 PM

When I saw this and the time frame to build I became scared.
I've been working on a "quick build" F-18 for a few months now (:
Never got beyond printing some plans and cutting some foam and throwing the foam and plans away.

I'll get a photo up as soon as I get home of some foam and basswood sticks, it worked for the Monkey (:

I still expect an entry that will make my plane look like it was built by a first grader.

smokejohnson 09-12-2008 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn (Post 474371)
When I saw this and the time frame to build I became scared.
I've been working on a "quick build" F-18 for a few months now (:
Never got beyond printing some plans and cutting some foam and throwing the foam and plans away.

I'll get a photo up as soon as I get home of some foam and basswood sticks, it worked for the Monkey (:

I still expect an entry that will make my plane look like it was built by a first grader.

No need to hurry fr4nk1yn as long as it's a new build. Like Larry says below as long as it's not a build already in progress you can start the thread at any time before the end of the contest.

Glad to have ya aboard :)

Originally Posted by Larry3215 (Post 473682)
No, you're not too late to enter a NEW build.

You only have to post a pic by tomorrow IF you are trying to enter a build that was started before the official start date. Then the CD will decide if your build is eligible.

For new builds, the only requirement is that you finish and fly it by Dec 31. You can enter as may new builds as you want and can finish.

offtom 09-12-2008 08:14 PM

Well now.

A little motivation to get back on an idea I had last year and almost had it flying.
What shall I name it???

Hmmmmm!

smokejohnson 09-12-2008 08:28 PM

And the list just keeps growing and growing, this is great :D

Larry3215
smokejohnson
GreenAce92
RickAvery
tzyoung
CHELLIE
hariustrk
FlyingMonkey
RocketMan
fr4nk1yn
offtom
3Disaster

fr4nk1yn 09-13-2008 12:21 AM

Oh.. I was on my phone and missed that tidbit.
Now I KNOW somebody will enter something that makes mine look like I found it.

Actually I really need to knock out my "Quick Build" F/A-18F Since my last little Jet has taken a beating an a half.

Then I'll get started on another project that I've wanted to do. A Projeti clone (:

Now where's that camera my wife keeps hidden from me?!

Larry3215 09-13-2008 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by smokejohnson (Post 474432)
And the list just keeps growing and growing, this is great :D

Larry3215
smokejohnson
GreenAce92
RickAvery
tzyoung
CHELLIE
hariustrk
FlyingMonkey
RocketMan
fr4nk1yn
offtom
3Disaster

WooHoo! Im in first place! ;)

GreenAce92 09-13-2008 12:40 AM

What is FM building?

One of the bird's ill build is a trainer type 3D plane where the motor is mounted inside the body im callin it shrike but this is so that if you nose hard in, like from hovering and you over knife edge or something i dont know somethign that would make your bird hit the dirt, the prop would be safe. And you could just pick the plane up and throw it back up for another flight.

TDisaster 09-13-2008 12:40 AM

I'm in last. :( Maybe he's just trying to make you guys feel good before I win ;).

GreenAce92 09-13-2008 12:52 AM

yeah ok.... im thinkin in the weird lookin contest it'll be me against the bull plane, that one looks soo sick!!!

Fly Time 09-13-2008 12:53 AM

Some questions....

Years ago I purchased some plans for a stick-built twin. This was before the day of electrics, so the plans call for 2 x. 20 glow engines, fuel tanks, etc. Would modifying this to electric qualify it as scratchbuilt? Or do I need to modify the airframe as well?

And what about the use of a laser cutting service? This plane has a lot of parts!

Rabbitcreekok 09-13-2008 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn (Post 474523)
Oh.. I was on my phone and missed that tidbit.
Now I KNOW somebody will enter something that makes mine look like I found it.

Actually I really need to knock out my "Quick Build" F/A-18F Since my last little Jet has taken a beating an a half.

Then I'll get started on another project that I've wanted to do. A Projeti clone (:

Now where's that camera my wife keeps hidden from me?!

One of the voting categories is Most Homely.;-)

Originally Posted by offtom (Post 474430)
Well now.

A little motivation to get back on an idea I had last year and almost had it flying.
What shall I name it???

Hmmmmm!

How about Megan's Machine?:roll:

Originally Posted by Fly Time (Post 474538)
Some questions....

Years ago I purchased some plans for a stick-built twin. This was before the day of electrics, so the plans call for 2 x. 20 glow engines, fuel tanks, etc. Would modifying this to electric qualify it as scratchbuilt? Or do I need to modify the airframe as well?

And what about the use of a laser cutting service? This plane has a lot of parts!

A build from plans for a glow engine with a conversion to electric would certainly qualify for the contest.

1. The build must be your own design or be a modification of existing plans (such as changing tail surfaces, modifying the fuselage, adding ailerons, increasing or decreasing the size, etc). No kits or short kits are allowed. There are no specific design requirements, so, let your imagination run free.<O:p></O:p>

However, as you can see, rule 1 says no kits or short kits, so the laser cut kit would not qualify. We want to see lots of sawdust from all those ply and balsa parts.:tc: Who knows, a later contest might be strictly from kits if that is what everyone wants.

fr4nk1yn 09-13-2008 05:31 AM

I just saw the Avro thread. I knew it would happen. I might as well finger paint my entry (:
Here's my thread: LINK.

Crashalott 09-14-2008 01:05 PM

contest #2

Originally Posted by smokejohnson (Post 472327)
All the participation for contest #2 is great, hopefully even more will join in.

Will you not be joining us again Crashalott? I don't see any reason why not :).

Not building anything right now. Don't have room for any more right now.
Thanks for your interest Smoke
Crash