WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   WattFlyer Scratchbuild Contest Number Two (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38724)

Airhead 09-14-2008 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn (Post 474687)
I just saw the Avro thread. I knew it would happen. I might as well finger paint my entry (:
Here's my thread: LINK.

Finger paint....:ws: Now thats funny! My builds look like that.:<:

Rabbitcreekok 09-15-2008 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Airhead (Post 475298)
Finger paint....:ws: Now thats funny! My builds look like that.:<:

So you say, Bruce. Now you will have to show us by entering the contest.:tc:

CHELLIE 09-15-2008 04:32 AM

Successful Maiden Flight on EDF scratch Built JET

Hi Everyone :ws: The EDF Jet Flies great, Maiden it today at our clubs BBQ Flyin in Chino Calif, here is a video of the flight, its about as fast as a Stryker, I was Videoing the Flight, Steve flew the plane, and Ray helped to Launch, Thanks Guys, Take care, Chellie

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38890

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJQMk9FKSHU&feature=user[/media]

fr4nk1yn 09-16-2008 12:49 AM

Well I won't be doing a Projeti but something else more unique.
It's a concept that was drawn up by a guy on RCG but never built by anyone so I'll have to work out all the little details that get me into trouble.
And it will be the 2nd plane of it's kind I ever built.

The 1st didn't fly and by the time I figured my stupid mistake I had already stripped the gear out of it.
I had fun throwing it around the yard though. It amazed me that the plane glide so nice with it CG having to be so far off without the gear.

CHELLIE 09-16-2008 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn (Post 475798)
Well I won't be doing a Projeti but something else more unique.
It's a concept that was drawn up by a guy on RCG but never built by anyone so I'll have to work out all the little details that get me into trouble.
And it will be the 2nd plane of it's kind I ever built.

The 1st didn't fly and by the time I figured my stupid mistake I had already stripped the gear out of it.
I had fun throwing it around the yard though. It amazed me that the plane glide so nice with it CG having to be so far off without the gear.

Looking forwards to your unique build Frank, Take care, Chellie

starcad 09-24-2008 05:23 AM

Dawg Gawn It! Wish I would have read this thread 2 weeks ago. Oh well next time.

Wrench66 09-24-2008 07:45 AM

Still unclear

Can folks still join in on the contest now?
I missed out on the first contest, like to get on this one :)

I read the rules but maybe I'm just thick headed and can't understand........go ahead and post or nope sorry boy? :)

thanks,
Ray

CHELLIE 09-24-2008 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Wrench66 (Post 480208)

I read the rules but maybe I'm just thick headed and can't understand........go ahead and post or nope sorry boy? :)

thanks,
Ray

Sure you can :ws: post a pic of the plane that your going to make, or some thing like it, and start a build thread, I belive thats right :D Take care, Chellie

FlyingMonkey 09-24-2008 01:13 PM

check with the contest director...

technically you had a deadline as to when you had to start your build threads...

Fly Time 09-24-2008 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey (Post 480255)
check with the contest director...

technically you had a deadline as to when you had to start your build threads...

I thought it was that if you had started a build BEFORE the start of the contest, you had to send a photo of your progress to prove that it wasn't very far along yet. Am I wrong about that?

I was still thinking of entering. I know what I want to build but I haven't lifted a finger to start it yet.

FlyingMonkey 09-24-2008 04:07 PM

ah.. what do I know, did you see MY entries? :D

Wrench66 09-24-2008 04:19 PM

OK...I'll just post up a build thread and see what they say :roll:;-)

-Ray

pburt1975 09-24-2008 04:40 PM

Muroc, if your still viewing this thread, Im assuming from the chatter that its still ok to enter this contest? I need a spark to get me fired back into RC flight, this contest sounds like a great motivation tool (outside of 3 kids asking me when Im building again).

Whats the word:D

Rabbitcreekok 09-24-2008 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by starcad (Post 480175)
Dawg Gawn It! Wish I would have read this thread 2 weeks ago. Oh well next time.

No need to wait till next time, now is the time.:tc:

Originally Posted by Wrench66 (Post 480208)

thanks,
Ray

Get that build started, Ray. I want to see it.:)

Originally Posted by Fly Time (Post 480297)
I thought it was that if you had started a build BEFORE the start of the contest, you had to send a photo of your progress to prove that it wasn't very far along yet. Am I wrong about that?

I was still thinking of entering. I know what I want to build but I haven't lifted a finger to start it yet.

Come on Fly Time, get those fingers going.;-)

Originally Posted by pburt1975 (Post 480319)
Muroc, if your still viewing this thread, Im assuming from the chatter that its still ok to enter this contest? I need a spark to get me fired back into RC flight, this contest sounds like a great motivation tool (outside of 3 kids asking me when Im building again).

Whats the word:D

Pburt, Muroc took care of the last contest and I, in a weak moment, volunteered to be the CD on this one. So I get all the complaints.????:tc: You can't let those kids down, so, as they say in the movies. "Show me the plane." :tc:

All you need to do to enter the contest now is just start building. Then post a link to your build thread in this thread. You can start building up to the last day of the contest, if you can build and fly a plane in one day.:<::tc:

The date of September 12 was set as the date to enter any build that was already started. Since we are past that date, you can't enter any build that was already being built, so that date has no meaning now.

You can enter as many builds as you wish, as long as they are finished and flown by the last day of 2008.

So there are over three months to get your beauty built and flown.

I have really enjoyed following the builds already under construction. Some have already been flown, but it certainly not too late to get in on the fun.

TDisaster 09-24-2008 05:58 PM

I'll start mine as soon as I get my buttercup finished up :). Was gonna use a .020, but decided on a cheapie little out runner. :D
Mike

pburt1975 09-24-2008 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Rabbitcreekok (Post 480326)

All you need to do to enter the contest now is just start building. Then post a link to your build thread in this thread. You can start building up to the last day of the contest, if you can build and fly a plane in one day.:<::tc:

Thanks RC, looks like I'll be starting up some plans tonight then :D

Dereck 09-25-2008 02:41 AM

Jim
I read the above post # 64 - twice - and my head ain't stopped hurting.

Some down in the scratchbuilt thread suggested I should enter my latest OD in this project. However, I published a shot of its mostly completed woodwork on 08-07-2008, post # 486 in 'show us your scratchbuilts'

Does that rule this one out, or what?

Regards

Dereck

Rabbitcreekok 09-25-2008 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by Dereck (Post 480619)
Jim
I read the above post # 64 - twice - and my head ain't stopped hurting.

Some down in the scratchbuilt thread suggested I should enter my latest OD in this project. However, I published a shot of its mostly completed woodwork on 08-07-2008, post # 486 in 'show us your scratchbuilts'

Does that rule this one out, or what?

Regards

Dereck

I'm sorry Dereck, but we had to have a cutoff date for builds already in work. There were one or two folks that had just started a build a few days before we got the rules posted, so we allowed entries up to the 12th. Your build was quite far along, since it was already framed up in early August.

I hope you will start something else, since there are over three months left in the contest.

Dereck 09-25-2008 02:48 PM

Cheers Jim - sounds reasonable to me.

A new design? You haven't seen my 'doodles' pile ...:eek: You want the 50" 4S aerobatic sportster, of the 3S shoulder wing aerobatic, or maybe its tailless cousion? What about the 36" span Ford Flivver, or 60" Watkinson Dingbat (a what? you might well ask!) The latest itteration of my long-running 'Bit' series tailless, the 'Bit o'Quiet'

All I need now is some spare time! Maybe I'll make next year's comp by really paying attention - but am looking forward to seeing this year's entrants.

Regards

Dereck

Rabbitcreekok 09-25-2008 04:29 PM

I would love to see the Ford Flivver. You don't see it much.

starcad 09-26-2008 02:28 AM

Rabbitcreekok, so that means if I haven't started a build yet, then I can still enter by starting a build? I'm rubbing my head -:)

Larry3215 09-26-2008 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by starcad (Post 481169)
Rabbitcreekok, so that means if I haven't started a build yet, then I can still enter by starting a build? I'm rubbing my head -:)

Yes :)

Rabbitcreekok 09-26-2008 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by starcad (Post 481169)

Thats correct starcad. You can enter as many builds as you wish and can enter up until the end of the contest time period. The entries must be completed and flown by the closing date of the contest. And you should use a separate build thread for each build.

And be careful about rubbing your head with CA on your fingers. It could cause problems.:eek::tc:

Wrench66 09-26-2008 05:57 AM

#2 contest warbird

Please visit my new build at http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...d=1#post481285 .
It's a Supermarine Spitfire Mk24 in profile flat wing style, FFF construction.

Thanks and good luck everyone!

---Ray

starcad 09-26-2008 01:29 PM

Kool! Thanks Guys. Maybe this will get me back into 'Area 51' and get it organized. With the summers around here it's so hot you really don't want to build. However, now that things are finally cooling off, it's time to dust off the building board and have some fun. I'll post later this weekend and get it started.