WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Indoor & Micro Electric Planes (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Parkzone Micro Cessna 210 (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22355)

uglyplane 08-05-2007 08:07 PM

Is the wing glued on? Just trying to see how serviceable this plane is....

Tommyr 08-05-2007 10:27 PM

Ordered one of these yesterday! Can't wait to get it!

Mike_Taylor 08-05-2007 10:27 PM

The wing appears to be attached with two-sided tape, but you don't get to the gear through the wing. The gear can be got to by slitting the decal along one fuselage side back to the joint behind the wing. The decal on the other side acts as a hinge, and all the guts (both pieces - RX module and motor) are right there...

Aero Ace Ace 08-06-2007 04:37 AM

3 Attachment(s)
The plane doesn't use a replaceable ESC or servos, everything is on one board except for the gearbox. The best way to service the gearbox is to cut a hood into the foam and use double-sided tape to secure it. To service the Rx/ESC/Servos, cutting open the fuse along the decal works.

dotyj 08-06-2007 04:48 AM

I had fun flying my Cessna 210 last night in the middle school gym. I did notice near the end that I had damaged the wing near the cockpit, so I taped it up.

Still I managed to do some stalls, and a few loops. I love this plane.

bobbutts 08-08-2007 01:07 PM

be careful of the servos
I had a very light crash caused by the radio glitch (at about 15' away) it floated lightly to the ground, but somehow stripped the threads on the rudder servo. Sadly since the rx and both servos are one I'm out $50 for the replacement rx.
also my first minium had stripped threads on the elevator servo out of the box.. LHS exchanged it.
So I had all the standard problems. Motor/gear noise, frequent close radio glitches, and servo thread stripping

it is fun to fly though.

autorail1 08-09-2007 10:35 PM

What is the range on one of these planes? Any one got an Idea.

budokaiboy 08-11-2007 01:12 AM

they're $119 at Ultimate Hobbies

I just got one and I love it! I'm a beginning pilot and I had no trouble flying it around. I can't speak to its' advanced flying characteristics because I'm afraid to try a loop. I've survived several minor crashes. The range is definitely much better than my Megatech Avion (which is also a great micro).

I don't have anything to do with Ultimate Hobbies but I also bought a Kyosho Illusion DF45 and that plane was 50 bucks cheaper than everyone else.

I could see being on the fence for 150 bucks, but for 119 shipped/no tax it's a no-brainer.

Aero Ace Ace 08-13-2007 03:40 AM

Night Flying

2 Attachment(s)
Here she is with three LEDs for night flying. The two yellows light up the wings very well, and the red tail light is a blinker. (The blue light in the first pic is my computer.) The LEDs added about one gram, which is a 5.5% increase in weight. No problems flying.

I have two now and both have snapped their prop shafts during a wind gust. (I just won't quit when I should) I'm waiting for parts, but in the meantime I was able to use 5 min epoxy to glue the props back on.

dotyj 08-13-2007 06:13 AM

That's pretty cool looking.

I've cracked my left wing where it meets the top of the fuselage. I just taped it back together. I should order a spare wing.

I also lost the little spinner, but it doesn't seem to matter much.

Mike_Taylor 08-13-2007 07:04 AM

I've cracked my left wing where it meets the top of the fuselage
White glue works wonders on this foam, but it takes a while to dry. Most white glue dries clear so it won't even show. I've had a crack at the LE and another on the horizontal stabilizer, repaired them and let them sit over night, and they were fine the next morning. I made sure the glue coated the foam and made sure it fit exactly back where it was before. The joints are invisible, and the plane has logged 5 or more hours since then. WHite glues stay flexible, which is a good thing with foam. A crafts department glue, Aileen's Flexible 'No-Sew' glue works really well on foam, and it is really cheap :)

dotyj 08-13-2007 03:15 PM

Wow. Great advice on the glue. I'll give that a try.

autorail1 08-17-2007 03:45 AM

Plane is so easy to fly

autorail1 08-18-2007 02:38 PM

Can any one post an Up close Photo of the elevator horn to see which hole it goes into

Thanks

Mike_Taylor 08-18-2007 03:29 PM

Hmmm... Two of them I have here are in the closest hole to the hinge, the third one is in the second hole from the hinge.

MiniCessnaGuy 08-18-2007 06:30 PM

What is mode 1 & 2 switch on the controller used for? Couldn't find anything in the manual about it.

budokaiboy 08-18-2007 06:38 PM

mode 1 or 2 switch

Good question. I was wondering too. Hopefully microbuilder will be checking this thread. He seems to know his poop.

Mike_Taylor 08-18-2007 06:43 PM

Update: Using the inner hole on the elevator horn makes the model pretty sensitive, but it will loop like mad - really tight loops, too. The second hole from the hinge gives much smoother control.

The mode switches in the U.S. version are inoperative - they don't do anything at all. In the non-US market, it allows switching between TX modes (stick configurations).

xuzme720 08-18-2007 06:51 PM

I don't have this plane, but could the switch be for dual rates? make it mild or wild...um, less mild maybe?

on edit:I see. must have posted while I was reading...

Tommyr 08-18-2007 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by MiniCessnaGuy (Post 252956)
What is mode 1 & 2 switch on the controller used for? Couldn't find anything in the manual about it.

On the U.S versions it does nothing. It only works on the European version. I believe it switches stick inputs.

Bill W2BT 08-21-2007 11:40 PM

Flew my 210 for the first time today....without a hitch or glitch...and brought it home in one piece...amazin' !

Tommyr 08-22-2007 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bill W2BT (Post 256278)
Flew my 210 for the first time today....without a hitch or glitch...and brought it home in one piece...amazin' !

It's a BLAST isn't it?! I LOVE IT.

keon718nyc 08-23-2007 09:49 PM

Just picked up this plane today from local Hobby shop, All i can say is awsome!!!! Thing flies perfect and can turn and loop no problem. Batteries are great and local flyers were amazed with the clocked fly time of 10.09 minutes!!! I have other 3-4 channel planes but man, in the parking lot was a blast and takes off and lands smooth as can be. I bought 2 more batteries for the plane right after i flew it becouse i know i will be on it for hours at the park. Parts are pretty cheap if crashes but hopng not to break anytime soon. The only one problem that came up was the distance in range, It cut off a few times from a glitch or maybe range not sure, hope others can respond with some info on that as well. The plane is awsome other then that and is worth every penny!!!! Also the plane glides straight as a arrow for great landings on pavement. New to the forum and glad to find out all the info on this post.

Bill G 08-24-2007 08:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Aero Ace Ace (Post 241328)
One problem tonight, the plane repeatedly seemed to lose signal from only a few yards away. Each time, the plane would beep twice, and after 3 seconds would come back to life. This resulted in some minor crashes. The Tx batteries are all reading over 1.5v

Also turning left is much harder than turning right. I increased the size of the rudder but it hasn't helped much.

Too much right thrust?

I had to back off the right thrust angle on my Cox 190. Would barely turn left at all, while flying straight ahead relatively well.

Small Cessnas
Well its not the Parkzone, and its 20", but the Guillows Cessna 150 is a very nice little flyer, with steerable nose wheel too. I'm a fan of clear glass, pilots, and interiors, so it would be nice if they started making these little planes look a bit more realistic. Still nice stuff though.

Bill

FlyingMonkey 08-24-2007 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bill G (Post 258680)
Small Cessnas
Well its not the Parkzone, and its 20", but the Guillows Cessna 150 is a very nice little flyer, with steerable nose wheel too. I'm a fan of clear glass, pilots, and interiors, so it would be nice if they started making these little planes look a bit more realistic. Still nice stuff though.

Bill

Sharp plane Bill, but we wouldn't expect less from you.

I agree with the visible interiors. I'ld love to install my own pilots! :D