WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   HELP! Spektrum DX7 radio failure? (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22015)

kyleservicetech 04-14-2011 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Lieutenant Loughead (Post 801029)
NOVA = No Va = No Go

Thanks, was never certain what it indicated, and on travels to Mexico City on business, they wouldn't tell me. :oops:

jasmine2501 04-15-2011 07:13 AM

There's a whole article about it on Snopes. It basically means 'doesn't go' but it's a phrase a Spanish speaking person wouldn't probably use, and they would probably be familiar with the word Nova as well.

Lieutenant Loughead 04-15-2011 07:31 PM

The literal translation of "no va" is "you (formal) do not go".

It is absolutely something that a Spanish speaking person might say to a superior or someone they respect. Though they would pronounce it "no vba" because they add a "b" when they pronounce their "v".

kyleservicetech 04-15-2011 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Lieutenant Loughead (Post 801358)

It is absolutely something that a Spanish speaking person might say to a superior or someone they respect. Though they would pronounce it "no vba" because they add a "b" when they pronounce their "v".

Reminds me of one time after two weeks of conducting training schools on our equipment in Mexico City, with our local agent as a translator. At the end of the second week, they took me to a local "bar" for some drinks. And after a few, I had to make a little trip to the boys room.

After returning, one of the customers asked me "Is your fly OK?" I looked, no problem and said so. He was kind of puzzled, and asked again, "Is your fly OK?". Again, no problem. One more time, and our agent asked in in Spanish what the question was.

The question was "Is your (return airline) FLIGHT OK". :D They all got a laugh out of that.

One guy I ran across in South Korea spoke 13 languages fluently. From German to Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, and that more I've forgotten. He spoke English better than I do.

cbatters 04-15-2011 08:18 PM

I hate the feeling when the radio experiences a lockout. does not happen very often but I'll take a random 200 mS outage over a 2 second CPU reset any day of the week.

I have a Hitec Eclipse 7 QPCM transmitter with a programmable frequency module as my primary 27 MHZ analog radio and a Spektrum DX
6i as my primary spread spectrum transmitter.

Clint

Figure.N9ne 04-15-2011 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Lieutenant Loughead (Post 801358)

it's actually doesn't go and can be used to talk about a person or a thing.

el avion no va a mexico

The plane doesn't go to mexico

El piloto no va.

the pilot doesn't go.

also the B sound depends on where the person is from. Cubans pronounce va like vah with no B sound.

kyleservicetech 04-15-2011 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Yaniel (Post 801371)
it's actually doesn't go and can be used to talk about a person or a thing.

el avion no va a mexico

The plane doesn't go to mexico

El piloto no va.

the pilot doesn't go.

also the B sound depends on where the person is from. Cubans pronounce va like vah with no B sound.

I've copied these responses to a co-worker that still works on our NOVA 38,000 volt, 800 Amp three phase circuit breakers!

Thanks all!