WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electric Ducted Fan Jets (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   GWS A4 Skyhawk (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30575)

ParkJetsFlyer 02-12-2008 12:01 AM

GWS A4 Skyhawk

Well I finally bit the bullett and bought one of these today from Tower. They have a promotion going on so I bought the White A4 kit. I don't know how long the promotion will last, but i couldn't pass it up for $44.00 Shipping included http://static.rcgroups.com/forums/im...lies/smile.gif $54.99 normal price.

Not sure what I'm going to power it with yet, but I want to have this ready for SEFF :)

PerlAddict 02-12-2008 01:30 AM

Another $20 off $50? Oh no ... I just racked up with a $20 off $50 and $25 off $150 last week for a bunch of servos I needed. And now I've got to go buy more servos while the gettin's good. Or more props. Or another kit.

Thank goodness I already have an Alfa A-4 ... at least I won't be tempted on that GWS one until the Alfa's done.

Though there's always that F-15 ... or A-10 ... or Zero ....

Dang you, Tom! :D Where did you get this coupon code at? I'm a Tower member and I hadn't gotten any emails, and I didn't notice it in the last flyer they sent out.

Mike Parsons 02-12-2008 01:35 AM

"Build it and they will come"

PerlAddict 02-12-2008 02:22 AM

Gah, did Tower change their site? I can't figure out how to just sort ARF kits by Electric. There used to be a link that went straight to it. Grrr!

ParkJetsFlyer 02-12-2008 05:02 AM

I got a "we miss you" e-mail this morning, they had sent one a few weeks ago with the same deal, but I never used it.

I had to look it up by manufacturer, not kit type. I have the new J-10 and F-15 saved in my wish list, but I found those after I bought the A-4.

PerlAddict 02-12-2008 05:49 AM

Guess they just don't miss me as much. lol. Is the code one use per household?

Wow ... guess I got the last batch of HS-81MG's. Bought six of them just over a week ago, and now they're showing as discontinued on Tower's website. HS-82MG's are there and the same price, though. Go figure. :p

Here's what I got when I went to check-out by the way:
Ad number 011RW promotional offer can be redeemed only by those who received this offer from us. Please enter a valid Ad Number or leave blank.

Oh well ... probably for the best anyway. Visa could use a break. :D

ParkJetsFlyer 02-12-2008 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by PerlAddict (Post 355529)
Guess they just don't miss me as much. lol. Is the code one use per household?

bummer :( I guess they wised up ROFL i pulled the code from my first post.

PerlAddict 02-12-2008 06:34 AM

Well, people can still try it, so I'd just leave it up. Sometimes people don't see their offer emails or they get sent to their junk folders. I get eBay/Paypal deals like that a lot - coupon codes that are only supposed to be good for the people they were sent to, but they end up working for me about half the time still, even when I never recalled seeing an email from them.

ParkJetsFlyer 02-12-2008 06:44 AM

If anyone wants it, just PM me your e-mail addy, we'll do it that way and see what happens. most likely they have some software on the site that applys the coupon code to your account, to track who uses it :(

PerlAddict 02-12-2008 07:00 PM

I don't think that's how it works. That's not an exclusive use code ... it's just one that only works for accounts that have been flagged as not buying anything for a while, and the code was automatically sent out to all of them.

Anyone who hasn't bought something from Tower in a while can probably use it. I bought something last week, so that particular code is no good for me.

That code was already listed on RetailMeNot.com when I looked yesterday, and there are 12 new codes that have been listed since then. Tower churns out coupon codes like nobody's business - I always check there and try a few of the codes before I check out to see if any are valid for my account. I just don't like to order very often because it's $9 for shipping, even if you only want a couple of little props or something.

FlyingMonkey 02-12-2008 08:54 PM

here, let me give you five bucks...

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/404-5off.htm.

PerlAddict 02-12-2008 09:12 PM

Argh!

The "I'm not spending money, I'm saving money!" argument isn't going to fly much more at our house at this rate ...

Thanks, Fred. I ALMOST ordered $30 worth of stuff from H-L's website yesterday, so I'll keep that one in my back pocket until I order this Friday.

FlyingMonkey 02-12-2008 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by PerlAddict (Post 355874)
Argh!

The "I'm not spending money, I'm saving money!" argument isn't going to fly much more at our house at this rate ...

Thanks, Fred. I ALMOST ordered $30 worth of stuff from H-L's website yesterday, so I'll keep that one in my back pocket until I order this Friday.

If it works for her, why not you?

PerlAddict 02-12-2008 10:05 PM

Probably because she pays the house note and I buy all the toys. :D

FlyingMonkey 02-12-2008 10:15 PM

oh, well, there could be that...

ParkJetsFlyer 02-12-2008 11:31 PM

Just keep repeating "No honey, that's not new" :) and make sure that things are cluttered just enough so that she can't get a accurate count of your kits ;) but not messy enough to draw un-due attention :roll: thanks for the site.

Pinecone 02-12-2008 11:56 PM

AFAIK they just flag each account with the valid codes for that account. So only works if you get the email.

PerlAddict 02-13-2008 01:11 AM

I would think it happens that way, too, though I don't always get the emails (junk mail filter might be to blame sometimes, I suppose). They had $20 off $150 code the other week (posted on their front page). I went and found a $25 off $150 code on RetailMeNot, tried it, and it worked. RMN is kind of nice, too, because folks click on whether or not codes worked for them so you can see which ones have a better shot.

And heya, Terry! I didn't realize you posted over here. Glad to see you joined up - your posts have been helpful over at RCG. :)

Edit: Just tried a code from there that wasn't in my mail or spam box (011xy), and it got me $10 off $50, which is basically free shipping plus a buck extra. :) So I got the four props I needed, and then I got a GWS A-10 slope glider kit because it saved me $10. That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it! :D

firemanbill 02-13-2008 01:26 AM

I like it Tom! Look forward to seeing it at SEFF!:D

Heck I'll even help ya fly it if you want me too! I have a fairly good record with EDF's at SEFF.... 0 for 1!:eek::rolleyes:

herk_1 02-13-2008 01:59 AM

I just gave the missus advance notice on this. For that much cash, I need to start working on getting permission pretty far in advance...(and knowing Horizon, it'll probably be at least 3 months after the initial estimated availability date before it's really available).

PerlAddict 02-13-2008 02:51 AM

See if you can find a $5 off coupon. That ought to sway her. :D lol.

Nice lookin' plane!

ParkJetsFlyer 02-13-2008 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by firemanbill (Post 356069)
I like it Tom! Look forward to seeing it at SEFF!:D

Heck I'll even help ya fly it if you want me too! I have a fairly good record with EDF's at SEFF.... 0 for 1!:eek::rolleyes:

I'll take you up on that, I still have knock knee syndrome :eek: and at my size, well... lets just say that's not a pretty sight :eek: probably measures on the Richter scale ROFL .

firemanbill 02-13-2008 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by ParkJetsFlyer (Post 356249)
I'll take you up on that, I still have knock knee syndrome :eek: and at my size, well... lets just say that's not a pretty sight :eek: probably measures on the Richter scale ROFL .

LOL...:Q I can relate Bud!

ParkJetsFlyer 02-16-2008 06:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
She was delivered today :) i'll start working on it this weekend.

"The Last Scooter" now on display in the USS Hornet

PerlAddict 02-16-2008 07:32 AM

Sweet! The nose looks a lot slimmer in that pic than what I feel like I've seen in others. Is that a variant, or just the angle of the photo?