WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   World Tour Tiger Moth...Final Chapter (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   World Tour Tiger Moth - The Final Chapter (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32872)

boomerace 04-08-2008 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by firemanbill (Post 389616)
So who has the plane now?????

Keith! He received it at tour end and still has it in it's box!
boomer

Buzz 04-08-2008 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by firemanbill (Post 389616)
So who has the plane now?????

Keith has everything.

I'm really not going to comment too much more on this subject. Wattflyer's Admin was nice enough to let me do this, and he went out of his way to create a forum for us. Personally, I am not going to risk my standing on Wattflyer. Everyone here has been much too nice to me here.

Boomer, it's not just the applications being duplicated, ... it's all the confusion over something that was taken care of quite a while ago.
I refuse to drag RCGroup's sludge and arguing to a friendly board. I just cannot do that to Wattflyer. So, I'll sit back and watch like everyone else.
I have no hard feelings toward anyone, really. I guess it just shocked me to see a duplication, when I had already sent the information. I don't want any credit. I was doing a favor. But the confusion this has caused is beyond belief. ;-):blah::<::confused:

Buzz
Walking on eggshells for doing a favor?
Nahhh... Whatever--- I don't really care.

Keith wilson 04-08-2008 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by boomerace (Post 389619)
Keith! He received it at tour end and still has it in it's box!
boomer

Gang:

YES I have the Moth in its shpping box and in good shape as can be from the tour. Now lets get things straight, I talked to Dave Mesterson at Toledo and explained to him that I had sent apps in and never heard anything from them I DIDNOT file another application, I mearly ask Dave to find out what is gong on. At this point we both went to Joyce Hager and she noted on paper that I had not got any notification and would find out why, she said they would notify me as to what is going on. I know the tour was all on RC Groups ,an now it is being changed over to Wattflyer. I think I did a lot of hrs. moving it from place to place. As far as im concerned ill ship it to whoever wants it. This is a sorry to end the tour.

...Keith...

Buzz 04-08-2008 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Keith wilson (Post 389635)
Gang:

YES I have the Moth in its shpping box and in good shape as can be from the tour. Now lets get things straight, I talked to Dave Mesterson at Toledo and explained to him that I had sent apps in and never heard anything from them I DIDNOT file another application, I mearly ask Dave to find out what is gong on. At this point we both went to Joyce Hager and she noted on paper that I had not got any notification and would find out why, she said they would notify me as to what is going on. I know the tour was all on RC Groups ,an now it is being changed over to Wattflyer. I think I did a lot of hrs. moving it from place to place. As far as im concerned ill ship it to whoever wants it. This is a sorry to end the tour.

...Keith...

Masterson?? Anyway, this should have been handled in a PM or an email as I requested, Keith. You knew what was going on. I sent you and email with the application attached. I sent it to others too... If you emailed the chair of the acceptance committee.... I just cannot imagine them not contacting you. I had the entire thing done and sent in... and then acknowledged that they received it and when it would be presented to the committee. The entire process took about 30 minutes! I emailed all of this to you. But, I don't want any hard feelings. We've been too far together.

Let us know what you find out... I know everyone is eager. I can still read the posts on RCG, so I'll check in to see how things are going.

Buzz

Saucerguy2 04-08-2008 12:59 AM

Just an idea here, out of every plane I've ever had, technically, no matter how mangled they became, I could still technically put them back into flying order, the same thing can happen with the TM, it doesn't have to retire, and the tour doesn't have to end. We are a resourcful bunch here, I'm sure we can all manage to keep it flightworthy for it's "second" tour of the United States.

What do you think, history has been made, why not raise the bar and make it even more of a challenge for others that will be doing this afterwards, for you know it's going to happen right?

boomerace 04-08-2008 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by SaucerGuy (Post 389646)
Just an idea here, out of every plane I've ever had, technically, no matter how mangled they became, I could still technically put them back into flying order, the same thing can happen with the TM, it doesn't have to retire, and the tour doesn't have to end. We are a resourcful bunch here, I'm sure we can all manage to keep it flightworthy for it's "second" tour of the United States.

What do you think, history has been made, why not raise the bar and make it even more of a challenge for others that will be doing this afterwards, for you know it's going to happen right?

After the problems we had in the US there was no way we would trust the thing to be shipped overseas. Vote was taken and the tour ended!
boomer

Saucerguy2 04-08-2008 01:05 AM

I didn't say overseas, it stays in the states.

boomerace 04-08-2008 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by SaucerGuy (Post 389648)
I didn't say overseas, it stays in the states.

What would that accomplish??? It flew in every state and Canada.????
boomer

Saucerguy2 04-08-2008 01:40 AM

In all memorable tasks, especially being the first, it's about raising the bar, setting a new standard to follow, in this case, how many times it can travel to the US and Canada. Being the first at this tour is noteworthy, this will not be the last though, there will be others that duplicate this, in fact, even here at WF, we have already topped it with the plans for WG1, we have also ran a similar tour, this time driving it from location to location. You see where I'm going with this.

It doesn't have to have a sad ending, it's legacy can continue, and being that it's already got a head start, will end up being less of a footnote that led a string of planes accompolishing the same tasks, as being the very first and it continues to make history. Perhaps it might even get into Guiness going this route as well, who knows, but I'm just saying, it doesn't have to end if we don't want it to, that's all.

boomerace 04-08-2008 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by SaucerGuy (Post 389678)
In all memorable tasks, especially being the first, it's about raising the bar, setting a new standard to follow, in this case, how many times it can travel to the US and Canada. Being the first at this tour is noteworthy, this will not be the last though, there will be others that duplicate this, in fact, even here at WF, we have already topped it with the plans for WG1, we have also ran a similar tour, this time driving it from location to location. You see where I'm going with this.

It doesn't have to have a sad ending, it's legacy can continue, and being that it's already got a head start, will end up being less of a footnote that led a string of planes accomplishing the same tasks, as being the very first and it continues to make history. Perhaps it might even get into Guiness going this route as well, who knows, but I'm just saying, it doesn't have to end if we don't want it to, that's all.

You miss the point! This tour has ended as we wanted it to and as to the others more power to them but you haven't topped anything until your Odyssey is complete! We didn't rebuild the plane or replace it. It was the same plane from beginning to end. What meaning does it have if there is provision for replacing the plane??????? You guys seem to think this is some kind of a contest. To us it isn't!
boomer

Saucerguy2 04-08-2008 02:00 AM

I have no idea why I'm having to explain my original post, yet again, I thought it was pretty clear, but will explain this again. I never mentioned replacing the plane, I mentioned that it could be fixed if it was deemed no longer airworthy, that it could continue. I'm not sure your motives for your apprehension on the matter, what is it that is offending you with the concept here?

pburt1975 04-08-2008 02:05 AM

Guys, I apologize if I stired a pot. Wasnt my intention at all. Buzz, keith I hope you both understand that. Heck I even PM'd Cloak over at RCG to help get this accomplished. I wasnt a pilot, but want to see it finish just like the rest of you.

Kosh 04-08-2008 02:08 AM

SG, This was already voted on and approved to close the project so drop it please. If you think its a good idea then start your own program and go for it. More than likely the plane is headed to a museum so why risk destroying it.

Kosh

boomerace 04-08-2008 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by SaucerGuy (Post 389691)
I have no idea why I'm having to explain my original post, yet again, I thought it was pretty clear, but will explain this again. I never mentioned replacing the plane, I mentioned that it could be fixed if it was deemed no longer airworthy, that it could continue. I'm not sure your motives for your apprehension on the matter, what is it that is offending you with the concept here?

I wasn't talking about replacing our plane I was talking about "Wiggy"! As I read the rules it appears if you destroy the plane you must replace it with a new one and continue on with the tour! I tire of the debate this was our show and it has ended. End of discussion!
boomer

Saucerguy2 04-08-2008 02:13 AM

I had to give my 2 cents on the matter, to show, there is another option for it, that's all, call me a visionary, my perspective was valid and I still stand by it regardless of the opposition.

I have no plans to create a new one, that's not my style, I gotta be totally original with my approach to anything that I do that I choose to make notworthy.

firemanbill 04-08-2008 03:05 AM

Visionary???

The best thing that can happen to this "little bird that could" is to now make it to the R/C Hall of Fame so to speak. For all to see and enjoy.

Sure there will be others, but this one was the first and will always have that claim to fame!

Biplane Murphy 04-08-2008 03:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by SaucerGuy (Post 389701)
I had to give my 2 cents on the matter, to show, there is another option for it, that's all, call me a visionary, my perspective was valid and I still stand by it regardless of the opposition.

I have no plans to create a new one, that's not my style, I gotta be totally original with my approach to anything that I do that I choose to make notworthy.

Visionary?.....or Troll?....

Hmmmmmmmmm............;-)

Attachment 62133

AirWarriorBelgy 04-08-2008 03:24 AM

ACK!!!!!! what is happenng to the commaradarie!!!!!1::o:<::confused::(:mad:

knock it off all of ya

every one of us had a part in this venture from either the minor role as pilot, to the role of shipper, observer, and for some the role of "Keepin her moving on"

Keith was /Is flight Director
Buzz You have no doubt been the logistics problem "expeditor"
most of the rest of us were Pilots and Shippers:ws:
For me it was pilot and Jocular Spammer....keeping threads alive

but this venture was completed and nurtured by all in some way or another.

we did what no one had done before , or at least not to the same extent.

so lets all put our egos aside, shake hands, and toast ourselves as a whole.

if any one of us had failed it was over.

now at the end we get?!?!?!?!?!

We all have had our quirks and personalities with us for a long time, and that won't ever change

so to quote Monty Python....Lets not stand 'ere and bicker over 'EW killed "EW

Rejoice that we did it at all....the odds really were against us

Chuck

firemanbill 04-08-2008 03:29 AM

Well now that about sums it up!:D Good words Chuck.

pburt1975 04-08-2008 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by AirWarriorBelgy (Post 389743)
so to quote Monty Python....Lets not stand 'ere and bicker over 'EW killed "EW

Rejoice that we did it at all....the odds really were against us

Chuck

Ahh, Monty Python to the rescue! gotta get the ole VHS's out again :)

Saucerguy2 04-08-2008 04:32 AM

AirWarriorBelgy and the rest of you new guys, just take note as what has been said here today before you spout off how friendly this place is, their own words, both the mods and murph are showing the true nature of this place. Understand as well, I have no problems at RCG at all, and the personal attacks here are over what? A constructive suggestion for the purpose of putting something new onto the table which has not been discussed before, what harm was it to the project, honestly.

I will take the high road and not return the unwarrented insults and personal attacks, I have better things to do. Take care new guys, and watch your step here, or you too will face what I do on these boards.

firemanbill 04-08-2008 04:40 AM

Who's attacking you SG? Just because we don't agree with you does not make it an attack on you...

Everything is not about you fella.;-)

AEAJR 04-08-2008 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by SaucerGuy (Post 389790)
AirWarriorBelgy and the rest of you new guys, just take note as what has been said here today before you spout off how friendly this place is, their own words, both the mods and murph are showing the true nature of this place. Understand as well, I have no problems at RCG at all, and the personal attacks here are over what? A constructive suggestion for the purpose of putting something new onto the table which has not been discussed before, what harm was it to the project, honestly.

I will take the high road and not return the unwarrented insults and personal attacks, I have better things to do. Take care new guys, and watch your step here, or you too will face what I do on these boards.

Saucerguy,

Why is it that I keep getting PMs to have me come and intervene when you are involved.

Having read the last few posts I think you have made your point and others have acknowledged it and disagreed. That is allowed here. I don't think it needs to be debated further but if you feel the need, I suggest that the others not respond to your comments and focus on the project.

If you find Wattflyer unfriendly and RCG a better place, perhaps you should spend your time there.

Now, let's agree to disagree, let's be happy about the project and move on. ;)

Rabbitcreekok 04-08-2008 06:36 AM

In the memorable words of Rodney King "Cant we all just get along" or something like that.

You guys did a great job with the Moth and it deserves to go into the museum. It really does not matter how it gets there, just so it gets there. That tour is done and is history, lets don't mess up the memories.

The two projects currently underway here take nothing away from the Moth. I really look forward to flying both of the planes and telling about my experiences. All of the projects were done to have fun in this great hobby of ours and perhaps get some others interested in RC Aviation. I would guess that the Moth did a lot of that also.

So lets hear it for the World Tiger Moth Tour (sorry if I got the name wrong) Hip, Hip Hooray.

Saucerguy2 04-08-2008 10:09 AM

I want to comment and tell you guys what I'm thinking and "feeling" and I cannot without getting in trouble here, so I don't, but know, I am thinking and feeling and I'll leave it up to the readers to extrapolate from there and never comment again on this thread ever... goodbye folks.