WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   2006 SEFF COVERAGE FORUM (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   More Sat Pix (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6661)

nick.wright 05-08-2006 09:12 PM

More Sat Pix
 
3 Attachment(s)
More flightline pix from saturday

qban_flyer 05-08-2006 09:36 PM


Originally Posted by nick.wright (Post 69116)
More flightline pix from saturday

Nice shots Nick.

Did you see that flying saucer like thingy fly?

I have seen a small video clip of it somewhere but the quality was not good enough to make an educated guess of its size, let alone its flying characteristics.

I had no clue it was that BIG! :eek:

Your comments will be appreciated. :)

Thanks

EpoweredRc 05-09-2006 02:00 AM

yeah I want to see it fly also.

qban_flyer 05-09-2006 04:24 AM

Here is where I first saw those discs/saucers, they are not that expensive and look like fun to have around. :D

http://www.rchoverdisc.com/

EpoweredRc 05-09-2006 07:06 AM

well I cant get the videos to play for me. try again later

qban_flyer 05-09-2006 01:13 PM

I just went to their site and saw the three lower videos they have on their site linked to Putfile.com. :)

I have also e-mailed them to find out more about the product. There isn't much info on their site regarding size, weigth for the hoverdisc and where are they located. :confused:

nick.wright 05-09-2006 02:41 PM

i saw a a couple of them fly. They didn't seem to mind the wind on Friday. I believe the one in the pic was wrapped in glow wire and flew at night.


Originally Posted by qban_flyer (Post 69123)
Nice shots Nick.

Did you see that flying saucer like thingy fly?

I have seen a small video clip of it somewhere but the quality was not good enough to make an educated guess of its size, let alone its flying characteristics.

I had no clue it was that BIG! :eek:

Your comments will be appreciated. :)

Thanks


qban_flyer 05-09-2006 04:26 PM


Originally Posted by nick.wright (Post 69283)
i saw a a couple of them fly. They didn't seem to mind the wind on Friday. I believe the one in the pic was wrapped in glow wire and flew at night.

Thanks for the info Nick.

I'll be getting me one of those. They look rather interesting and slow enough on their videos to be able to fly on a back yard. :D

Tomgofly 06-10-2006 06:17 AM

Hey guys! Just noticed this here. I'm working on a new web site that has the info ya'll need. What I have had is kind of lame, but I'm working on that. Trying to find a shopping cart that works and can provide it all is not easy it seems. All that and I'm also working out the kinks on the Mini version so it flys as good as the biggie, but in the space of a driveway. It should be all back together real soon.

-=Tom=-

www.RCHoverdisc.com

PS..

Size = 3ft diameter (2ft for the new Mini)
Biggie Weight = 8-11oz auw depending on gear (I have flown a full can of Mountain Dew 13.7oz using GWS EPS 350-C "C" gearing, 10x4 prop, Pico servos, 900mah 3cell lipo)
The wing loading is about half of a GWS Pico Stick with a 6 inch thick airfoil (hence the ability to handle a surprising amount of wind, yet fly as slow as Granny's walker).
Located in Indianapolis, IN, USA

qban_flyer 06-10-2006 09:08 AM


Originally Posted by Tomgofly (Post 78774)
Hey guys! Just noticed this here. I'm working on a new web site that has the info ya'll need. What I have had is kind of lame, but I'm working on that. Trying to find a shopping cart that works and can provide it all is not easy it seems. All that and I'm also working out the kinks on the Mini version so it flys as good as the biggie, but in the space of a driveway. It should be all back together real soon.

-=Tom=-

www.RCHoverdisc.com

PS..

Size = 3ft diameter (2ft for the new Mini)
Biggie Weight = 8-11oz auw depending on gear (I have flown a full can of Mountain Dew 13.7oz using GWS EPS 350-C "C" gearing, 10x4 prop, Pico servos, 900mah 3cell lipo)
The wing loading is about half of a GWS Pico Stick with a 6 inch thick airfoil (hence the ability to handle a surprising amount of wind, yet fly as slow as Granny's walker).
Located in Indianapolis, IN, USA

Thanks for the additional info Tom.:)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:11 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.06387 seconds with 9 queries