WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   World Tour Tiger Moth...Final Chapter (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   World Tour Tiger Moth - The Final Chapter (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32872)

Buzz 04-07-2008 04:33 PM

Letter to AMA Museum and Application For Donation

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the letter that was sent to the AMA Museum to get the WTTM accepted. Just to clear up any confusion on the number of pilots... I put "approximately 100".... that's close enough to 89 I guess.

Hello, Maria....

I have been in touch with Michael Smith who gave me your contact information. I am contacting you in hopes that the World Tour Tiger Moth biplane can be donated to the AMA Museum for display. On a previous contact you graciously sent me the link for the application for donation form. I have completed that form, and attached a couple of pictures of the Tiger Moth as she was being flown in the Yukon territory.
This epic venture started out as an idea on a message board. The intent was to send the plane around the world to be flown by each pilot and then mailed on to the next. After completing the entire USA,, including Alaska and Hawaii, the Moth was sent home to assess it's ability to be shipped all over Europe. We covered the United States and Canada... but the poor little Tiger Moth had been through so much we decided to retire her early before she was lost in Europe. There were approximately 100 pilots involved and there was a lot of media coverage on the little foam planes journey. She was kidnapped and held for ransom once, but we got through that. Then she was stolen in MO, and I had to call the police to go and rescue her. The Kahoka, MO police department is dear to our hearts. Not only did they rescue the plane, they put it in jail for safe keeping, and then took pictures for us....as they were brining her out of jail to be mailed on. There were many adventures along the way. She's been flown through rain, sleet, snow, 110*F heat and -20*F freezing temperatures. I believe we have actually set a record with the postal department for the most shipped item.....that was never lost in the mail!
1. Please visit our web site at : http://cloak.rchomepage.com/index.shtml

There you will find a map of the Moth's route through the USA. It took 3 years to complete the tour. Some pictures on the site do not load at the moment but that is being worked on now. On the site you may read the pilot's log , the repair log,, and select state-by-state links for the world tour activity in your area. The tour started in Florida... and when I flew it I was the 6th person to sign it. It is now a flying autograph, as every pilot who flew the plane signed it and wrote a short story about their flight as well as sending in pictures.
2. Unfortunately, the Tiger Moth story is told on two different web sites. Most of it is RCGRoups.com..... but they recently refused to let me post on the site, so the final chapter of the event....hopefully it's induction into the AMA Museum is being hosted by www.wattflyer.com .
3.Attached please find the AMA Museum Donation form, and 3 photographs. I can supply hundreds of photographs if you need more.
Please give serious consideration to accepting this plane and it's story for display in the AMA Museum. This is our final goal and if accepted, the flight director and a number of the world tour pilots want to hand deliver the plane to you. Then we will celebrate! It has been a long and tedious 3 years and the final chapter of the Moth's epic journey would be to have it housed in the AMA museum.
Please let me know if you need any other information, or if you have questions. I can be reached at 386-***-****....which is in Florida. If you get our voice mail please leave a message and I will call you back as soon as possible. If you would like to read more of the story, the final chapter may be found at:

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32872

Thanking you in advance for your interest in the hard work of Americans and Canadians to bring this tour to a successful end,

I remain,

Sincerely yours,

J.R. "Buzz" McMillian

****** Road

New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168

Ph: ********

Attachments: Donation form,4 photos of the plane, URL for our web site <above>

The attached application is in .PDF format.

Buzz

Buzz 04-07-2008 04:47 PM

Reply from AMA Museum:

Thank you, Maria.... please call me Buzz.
The link for the web site for the Tiger Moth world tour does not bring up all of the information. If you would, please try this link and you will be able to view the entire gallery of pictures, read the log book, and view pictures of each pilot who flew the plane. Thank you for your fast response! Here is t he correct address for the web site, which literally tells the entire story. http://www.cloak.rchomepage.com/reports.shtml

Again, my thanks and please pass my regards on to the other committee members. If you will accept the plane, it will truly be the icing on the cake for all of us!

Have a great weekend.
Sincerely,

Buzz McMillian

Maria VanVreede wrote:
Mr. McMillian,

Michael had alerted me to look for your application. Thank you for taking the time to put the proposal together, and for thinking of the Museum.

I have saved the form and pictures, and printed them. The Committee meeting is Thursday, so I will be in touch after that with their decision.

Maria K. VanVreede
Registrar
National Model Aviation Museum
5151 East Memorial Drive
Muncie, IN 47302
765-287-1256 ext. 508

So, as you can see... the application is done, along with the proposal and photos of the WTTM. Now we wait.
I will be contacted, hopefully this week.... and I will post the AMA Museum's reply here.

I would appreciate it if someone on RCGroups would take the time to let others know what is going on here.

PLEASE DO NOT POST OR LINK TO ANY OF THIS INFORMATION FROM RCGroups.com.

Thanks!

Buzz

AirWarriorBelgy 04-07-2008 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 389439)

PLEASE DO NOT POST OR LINK TO ANY OF THIS INFORMATION FROM RCGroups.com.

Thanks!

Buzz

Too Late!!!! there is a link to here ::o:<:

Chuck

Buzz 04-07-2008 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by AirWarriorBelgy (Post 389462)
Too Late!!!! there is a link to here ::o:<:

Chuck

Oh well, I guess that's OK... I just don't want people copying what I'm posting here and pasting it on the other place. I mean, why would I do all this work, if I wanted it on a site that threw me out for absolutely nothing?

Buzz

pburt1975 04-07-2008 09:54 PM

I guess Im slightly confused here Buzz. on RCG it appears that Keith Wilson is attempting to get the TM into the AMA museum as well? Are you 2 working together to accomplish this or racing to see who will be "the one"?
No offense meant, just curious as to the controversy there?

Buzz 04-07-2008 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by pburt1975 (Post 389580)
I guess Im slightly confused here Buzz. on RCG it appears that Keith Wilson is attempting to get the TM into the AMA museum as well? Are you 2 working together to accomplish this or racing to see who will be "the one"?
No offense meant, just curious as to the controversy there?

Well, pburt.... If I had any idea at all why Keith is posting all of that, I'd tell you. But I don't. Keith and I have worked on the tour, on the phone, by email and by posts. He stalled the end of the tour and told us he was waiting for a call from the AMA. It never came. People were getting antsy... then RCG threw me off ... and I'll maintain to my death that I have no idea why.
It was simply a witch hunt. Keith and I agreed by email that I should send the application in and try to get the Moth in the museum. I have worked very hard to do just that. I've had the application in since last Thursday, along with the letter you see and pictures of the moth AND the url to our web site. I'm afraid Keith is talking to the wrong person. Matthewson is President of the AMA overall. I've discussed this with him several times in the past. Matthewson does not handle getting a plane donated to the museum. I had to fill out the application and have it in to the Director of the Museum and the chair of the approval committee by the 15th. They got it on the... I believe it was the 4th....completely filled out, with all details and pictures. My application was received and the chair of the donation committee emailed me back within 5 minutes to let me know she had all of the information they need....and that she was expecting me to send in the application because the director of the museum told her I had contacted him earlier.

I can only hope that Keith is just talking to Dave to try to demonstrate the significance of the event. I cannot imagine what paper work he filled out and gave to Dave. It's too late! It's already there!

Keith, please PM or email me. We've got to stop this confusion!

Buzz

boomerace 04-07-2008 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 389592)
Well, pburt.... If I had any idea at all why Keith is posting all of that, I'd tell you. But I don't. Keith and I have worked on the tour, on the phone, by email and by posts. He stalled the end of the tour and told us he was waiting for a call from the AMA. It never came. People were getting antsy... then RCG threw me off ... and I'll maintain to my death that I have no idea why.
It was simply a witch hunt. Keith and I agreed by email that I should send the application in and try to get the Moth in the museum. I have worked very hard to do just that. I've had the application in since last Thursday, along with the letter you see and pictures of the moth AND the url to our web site. I'm afraid Keith is talking to the wrong person. Matthewson is President of the AMA overall. I've discussed this with him several times in the past. Matthewson does not handle getting a plane donated to the museum. I had to fill out the application and have it in to the Director of the Museum and the chair of the approval committee by the 15th. They got it on the... I believe it was the 4th....completely filled out, with all details and pictures. My application was received and the chair of the donation committee emailed me back within 5 minutes to let me know she had all of the information they need....and that she was expecting me to send in the application because the director of the museum told her I had contacted him earlier.

I can only hope that Keith is just talking to Dave to try to demonstrate the significance of the event. I cannot imagine what paper work he filled out and gave to Dave. It's too late! It's already there!

Keith, please PM or email me. We've got to stop this confusion!

Buzz

Buzz,
I received a call from Keith and he had talked to the gal that handles the apps and she had him fill out another app at the Toledo Show and took it with her. I am sure Keith is just as interested in getting it into the Museum as the rest of us. Keith worked his fanny off getting the tour completed and I don't think he was just sitting on his hands not trying to get the moth accepted. As far as having no idea why you were thrown off of RC Groups.... I think with the initial warning points that is true however the content of your follow up emails to Graham was guaranted to get you banned for life!:eek::D
boomer

Buzz 04-07-2008 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by boomerace (Post 389599)
Buzz,
I received a call from Keith and he had talked to the gal that handles the apps and she had him fill out another app at the Toledo Show and took it with her. I am sure Keith is just as interested in getting it into the Museum as the rest of us. Keith worked his fanny off getting the tour completed and I don't think he was just sitting on his hands not trying to get the moth accepted.
boomer

Then why did Keith ask me to do it for him? Why another application? Because he wants his name on it? This is too much. I'm out of this. This is what happens when you try to do someone a favor. Go ahead...take all the credit, that's not what this is about! But, bear in mind that Keith did not do all of this by himself. Ask him how many emails and phone calls we made trying to work out problems.... like me rescuing the plane when it was stolen. I guess it doesn't matter. As long as the Moth gets in.
I really don't have anything else to say about it. If Keith wants to go back on his word and confuse hell out of everyone... let it be. I haven't heard from him yet! I find that a bit strange. Keith was having no luck because he did not go directly to the museum. He simply did not try hard enough. It's too bad we bring the tour to an end this way.

This is not a personal attack on Keith. I just don't like the way this is going. So, you guys wait to hear from Keith. I'll know weeks before, but I sure don't want to steal his thunder. I only did as I was asked.

Buzz

boomerace 04-07-2008 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 389608)
Then why did Keith ask me to do it for him? Why another application? Because he wants his name on it? This is too much. I'm out of this. This is what happens when you try to do someone a favor. Go ahead...take all the credit, that's not what this is about! But, bear in mind that Keith did not do all of this by himself. Ask him how many emails and phone calls we made trying to work out problems.... like me rescuing the plane when it was stolen. I guess it doesn't matter. As long as the Moth gets in.
I really don't have anything else to say about it. If Keith wants to go back on his word and confuse hell out of everyone... let it be. I haven't heard from him yet! I find that a bit strange. Keith was having no luck because he did not go directly to the museum. He simply did not try hard enough. It's too bad we bring the tour to an end this way.

This is not a personal attack on Keith. I just don't like the way this is going. So, you guys wait to hear from Keith. I'll know weeks before, but I sure don't want to steal his thunder. I only did as I was asked.

Buzz

Buzz,
No one is blaming you for anything. The more apps get to the committee the better chance the Moth has of getting in IMHO! I thank you both!
boomer

firemanbill 04-07-2008 11:07 PM

So who has the plane now?????

boomerace 04-07-2008 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by firemanbill (Post 389616)

Keith! He received it at tour end and still has it in it's box!
boomer

Buzz 04-07-2008 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by firemanbill (Post 389616)

Keith has everything.

I'm really not going to comment too much more on this subject. Wattflyer's Admin was nice enough to let me do this, and he went out of his way to create a forum for us. Personally, I am not going to risk my standing on Wattflyer. Everyone here has been much too nice to me here.

Boomer, it's not just the applications being duplicated, ... it's all the confusion over something that was taken care of quite a while ago.
I refuse to drag RCGroup's sludge and arguing to a friendly board. I just cannot do that to Wattflyer. So, I'll sit back and watch like everyone else.
I have no hard feelings toward anyone, really. I guess it just shocked me to see a duplication, when I had already sent the information. I don't want any credit. I was doing a favor. But the confusion this has caused is beyond belief. ;-):blah::<::confused:

Buzz
Walking on eggshells for doing a favor?
Nahhh... Whatever--- I don't really care.

Keith wilson 04-07-2008 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by boomerace (Post 389619)
Keith! He received it at tour end and still has it in it's box!
boomer

Gang:

YES I have the Moth in its shpping box and in good shape as can be from the tour. Now lets get things straight, I talked to Dave Mesterson at Toledo and explained to him that I had sent apps in and never heard anything from them I DIDNOT file another application, I mearly ask Dave to find out what is gong on. At this point we both went to Joyce Hager and she noted on paper that I had not got any notification and would find out why, she said they would notify me as to what is going on. I know the tour was all on RC Groups ,an now it is being changed over to Wattflyer. I think I did a lot of hrs. moving it from place to place. As far as im concerned ill ship it to whoever wants it. This is a sorry to end the tour.

...Keith...

Buzz 04-07-2008 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Keith wilson (Post 389635)
Gang:

YES I have the Moth in its shpping box and in good shape as can be from the tour. Now lets get things straight, I talked to Dave Mesterson at Toledo and explained to him that I had sent apps in and never heard anything from them I DIDNOT file another application, I mearly ask Dave to find out what is gong on. At this point we both went to Joyce Hager and she noted on paper that I had not got any notification and would find out why, she said they would notify me as to what is going on. I know the tour was all on RC Groups ,an now it is being changed over to Wattflyer. I think I did a lot of hrs. moving it from place to place. As far as im concerned ill ship it to whoever wants it. This is a sorry to end the tour.

...Keith...

Masterson?? Anyway, this should have been handled in a PM or an email as I requested, Keith. You knew what was going on. I sent you and email with the application attached. I sent it to others too... If you emailed the chair of the acceptance committee.... I just cannot imagine them not contacting you. I had the entire thing done and sent in... and then acknowledged that they received it and when it would be presented to the committee. The entire process took about 30 minutes! I emailed all of this to you. But, I don't want any hard feelings. We've been too far together.

Let us know what you find out... I know everyone is eager. I can still read the posts on RCG, so I'll check in to see how things are going.

Buzz

Saucerguy2 04-07-2008 11:59 PM

Just an idea here, out of every plane I've ever had, technically, no matter how mangled they became, I could still technically put them back into flying order, the same thing can happen with the TM, it doesn't have to retire, and the tour doesn't have to end. We are a resourcful bunch here, I'm sure we can all manage to keep it flightworthy for it's "second" tour of the United States.

What do you think, history has been made, why not raise the bar and make it even more of a challenge for others that will be doing this afterwards, for you know it's going to happen right?

boomerace 04-08-2008 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by SaucerGuy (Post 389646)
Just an idea here, out of every plane I've ever had, technically, no matter how mangled they became, I could still technically put them back into flying order, the same thing can happen with the TM, it doesn't have to retire, and the tour doesn't have to end. We are a resourcful bunch here, I'm sure we can all manage to keep it flightworthy for it's "second" tour of the United States.

What do you think, history has been made, why not raise the bar and make it even more of a challenge for others that will be doing this afterwards, for you know it's going to happen right?

After the problems we had in the US there was no way we would trust the thing to be shipped overseas. Vote was taken and the tour ended!
boomer

Saucerguy2 04-08-2008 12:05 AM

I didn't say overseas, it stays in the states.

boomerace 04-08-2008 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by SaucerGuy (Post 389648)
I didn't say overseas, it stays in the states.

What would that accomplish??? It flew in every state and Canada.????
boomer

Saucerguy2 04-08-2008 12:40 AM

In all memorable tasks, especially being the first, it's about raising the bar, setting a new standard to follow, in this case, how many times it can travel to the US and Canada. Being the first at this tour is noteworthy, this will not be the last though, there will be others that duplicate this, in fact, even here at WF, we have already topped it with the plans for WG1, we have also ran a similar tour, this time driving it from location to location. You see where I'm going with this.

It doesn't have to have a sad ending, it's legacy can continue, and being that it's already got a head start, will end up being less of a footnote that led a string of planes accompolishing the same tasks, as being the very first and it continues to make history. Perhaps it might even get into Guiness going this route as well, who knows, but I'm just saying, it doesn't have to end if we don't want it to, that's all.

boomerace 04-08-2008 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by SaucerGuy (Post 389678)
In all memorable tasks, especially being the first, it's about raising the bar, setting a new standard to follow, in this case, how many times it can travel to the US and Canada. Being the first at this tour is noteworthy, this will not be the last though, there will be others that duplicate this, in fact, even here at WF, we have already topped it with the plans for WG1, we have also ran a similar tour, this time driving it from location to location. You see where I'm going with this.

It doesn't have to have a sad ending, it's legacy can continue, and being that it's already got a head start, will end up being less of a footnote that led a string of planes accomplishing the same tasks, as being the very first and it continues to make history. Perhaps it might even get into Guiness going this route as well, who knows, but I'm just saying, it doesn't have to end if we don't want it to, that's all.

You miss the point! This tour has ended as we wanted it to and as to the others more power to them but you haven't topped anything until your Odyssey is complete! We didn't rebuild the plane or replace it. It was the same plane from beginning to end. What meaning does it have if there is provision for replacing the plane??????? You guys seem to think this is some kind of a contest. To us it isn't!
boomer

Saucerguy2 04-08-2008 01:00 AM

I have no idea why I'm having to explain my original post, yet again, I thought it was pretty clear, but will explain this again. I never mentioned replacing the plane, I mentioned that it could be fixed if it was deemed no longer airworthy, that it could continue. I'm not sure your motives for your apprehension on the matter, what is it that is offending you with the concept here?

pburt1975 04-08-2008 01:05 AM

Guys, I apologize if I stired a pot. Wasnt my intention at all. Buzz, keith I hope you both understand that. Heck I even PM'd Cloak over at RCG to help get this accomplished. I wasnt a pilot, but want to see it finish just like the rest of you.

Kosh 04-08-2008 01:08 AM

SG, This was already voted on and approved to close the project so drop it please. If you think its a good idea then start your own program and go for it. More than likely the plane is headed to a museum so why risk destroying it.

Kosh

boomerace 04-08-2008 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by SaucerGuy (Post 389691)
I have no idea why I'm having to explain my original post, yet again, I thought it was pretty clear, but will explain this again. I never mentioned replacing the plane, I mentioned that it could be fixed if it was deemed no longer airworthy, that it could continue. I'm not sure your motives for your apprehension on the matter, what is it that is offending you with the concept here?

I wasn't talking about replacing our plane I was talking about "Wiggy"! As I read the rules it appears if you destroy the plane you must replace it with a new one and continue on with the tour! I tire of the debate this was our show and it has ended. End of discussion!
boomer

Saucerguy2 04-08-2008 01:13 AM

I had to give my 2 cents on the matter, to show, there is another option for it, that's all, call me a visionary, my perspective was valid and I still stand by it regardless of the opposition.

I have no plans to create a new one, that's not my style, I gotta be totally original with my approach to anything that I do that I choose to make notworthy.

firemanbill 04-08-2008 02:05 AM

Visionary???

The best thing that can happen to this "little bird that could" is to now make it to the R/C Hall of Fame so to speak. For all to see and enjoy.

Sure there will be others, but this one was the first and will always have that claim to fame!

Biplane Murphy 04-08-2008 02:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by SaucerGuy (Post 389701)
I had to give my 2 cents on the matter, to show, there is another option for it, that's all, call me a visionary, my perspective was valid and I still stand by it regardless of the opposition.

I have no plans to create a new one, that's not my style, I gotta be totally original with my approach to anything that I do that I choose to make notworthy.

Visionary?.....or Troll?....

Hmmmmmmmmm............;-)

Attachment 62133

AirWarriorBelgy 04-08-2008 02:24 AM

ACK!!!!!! what is happenng to the commaradarie!!!!!1::o:<::confused::(:mad:

knock it off all of ya

every one of us had a part in this venture from either the minor role as pilot, to the role of shipper, observer, and for some the role of "Keepin her moving on"

Keith was /Is flight Director
Buzz You have no doubt been the logistics problem "expeditor"
most of the rest of us were Pilots and Shippers:ws:
For me it was pilot and Jocular Spammer....keeping threads alive

but this venture was completed and nurtured by all in some way or another.

we did what no one had done before , or at least not to the same extent.

so lets all put our egos aside, shake hands, and toast ourselves as a whole.

if any one of us had failed it was over.

now at the end we get?!?!?!?!?!

We all have had our quirks and personalities with us for a long time, and that won't ever change

so to quote Monty Python....Lets not stand 'ere and bicker over 'EW killed "EW

Rejoice that we did it at all....the odds really were against us

Chuck

firemanbill 04-08-2008 02:29 AM

Well now that about sums it up!:D Good words Chuck.

pburt1975 04-08-2008 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by AirWarriorBelgy (Post 389743)
so to quote Monty Python....Lets not stand 'ere and bicker over 'EW killed "EW

Rejoice that we did it at all....the odds really were against us

Chuck

Ahh, Monty Python to the rescue! gotta get the ole VHS's out again :)

Saucerguy2 04-08-2008 03:32 AM

AirWarriorBelgy and the rest of you new guys, just take note as what has been said here today before you spout off how friendly this place is, their own words, both the mods and murph are showing the true nature of this place. Understand as well, I have no problems at RCG at all, and the personal attacks here are over what? A constructive suggestion for the purpose of putting something new onto the table which has not been discussed before, what harm was it to the project, honestly.

I will take the high road and not return the unwarrented insults and personal attacks, I have better things to do. Take care new guys, and watch your step here, or you too will face what I do on these boards.

firemanbill 04-08-2008 03:40 AM

Who's attacking you SG? Just because we don't agree with you does not make it an attack on you...

Everything is not about you fella.;-)

AEAJR 04-08-2008 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by SaucerGuy (Post 389790)
AirWarriorBelgy and the rest of you new guys, just take note as what has been said here today before you spout off how friendly this place is, their own words, both the mods and murph are showing the true nature of this place. Understand as well, I have no problems at RCG at all, and the personal attacks here are over what? A constructive suggestion for the purpose of putting something new onto the table which has not been discussed before, what harm was it to the project, honestly.

I will take the high road and not return the unwarrented insults and personal attacks, I have better things to do. Take care new guys, and watch your step here, or you too will face what I do on these boards.

Saucerguy,

Why is it that I keep getting PMs to have me come and intervene when you are involved.

Having read the last few posts I think you have made your point and others have acknowledged it and disagreed. That is allowed here. I don't think it needs to be debated further but if you feel the need, I suggest that the others not respond to your comments and focus on the project.

If you find Wattflyer unfriendly and RCG a better place, perhaps you should spend your time there.

Now, let's agree to disagree, let's be happy about the project and move on. ;)

Rabbitcreekok 04-08-2008 05:36 AM

In the memorable words of Rodney King "Cant we all just get along" or something like that.

You guys did a great job with the Moth and it deserves to go into the museum. It really does not matter how it gets there, just so it gets there. That tour is done and is history, lets don't mess up the memories.

The two projects currently underway here take nothing away from the Moth. I really look forward to flying both of the planes and telling about my experiences. All of the projects were done to have fun in this great hobby of ours and perhaps get some others interested in RC Aviation. I would guess that the Moth did a lot of that also.

So lets hear it for the World Tiger Moth Tour (sorry if I got the name wrong) Hip, Hip Hooray.

Saucerguy2 04-08-2008 09:09 AM

I want to comment and tell you guys what I'm thinking and "feeling" and I cannot without getting in trouble here, so I don't, but know, I am thinking and feeling and I'll leave it up to the readers to extrapolate from there and never comment again on this thread ever... goodbye folks.

Don Sims 04-08-2008 10:59 AM

OK SG, roll on, no problemo.

Chuck and Jim, well said and well written.

I'm looking forward to the committees decision on your plane. The TM tour was a great inspiration and it took a lot of individuals working as a team to make it happen.

Mike Parsons 04-08-2008 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Don Sims (Post 389907)
I'm looking forward to the committees decision on your plane. The TM tour was a great inspiration and it took a lot of individuals working as a team to make it happen.

Agreed. What an accomplishment.

Buzz 04-08-2008 04:14 PM

A word of caution: I did not come to Wattflyer to start problems. I came to Wattflyer to AVOID problems.

And look at this.... We've drawn the entire administration into this mess, and that is the last thing on earth I wanted to do here. Pburt... you didn't do anything. But, it's hard to believe that part of our group would come here and start an argument. The WTTM tour does not even resemble Tim's venture. He's taken a giant step, and if they want to replace the plane and fly on... I think that's their decision.

To Mike and the moderators.... I must apologize for dragging people here who are going to try to start trouble.
Some of them are mad at me, because after a year of waiting AFTER the tour was over all we heard was "I'm waiting for a call from the Museum." For a year? I, as well as others got tired of waiting and reading the excuses. Nothing was being done. Everything ground to a halt... the shirt orders were forgotten, AFTER we placed our orders. This is not a bash on anyone in particular, but one would think within a year or so after the tour ended we would heard something. We didn't. Everyone has been waiting and asking what was going on.
Everyone just sat around and stared at the dropped ball. Quite simply, I got tired of it and picked up the ball and ran with it. I refuse to argue about this and if those of you who want to start a flap about this from RCGroups....go ahead.... .but please keep it off of Wattflyer! These people are too nice to have to put up with the garbage from RCGroups.

Mike, Don and other moderators..... I will apologize for the negative tone this has taken. I honestly thought I could get away from it by coming over here. I'm sorry for the problems.

Buzz

Mike Parsons 04-08-2008 04:27 PM

Buzz (and all). No problems. It is a sensitive subject and I can respect that. We are all adults and I look at this as a discussion (of the original team) as to what is taking place and what happens next. I as well as the staff are here to support the WTTM team. This is not about Wiggy or any other effort as they are separate unto themselves and I support them in the same manner (separately).

You guys have done an amazing job and I know it wasn't easy. Feel free to continue your conversations, planning and execution without outside interferance and static.

pburt1975 04-08-2008 04:34 PM

Hey Mike, Don, maybe some clean up of this thread is in order to keep it on the positive track it was heading down? An event such as this does not need such a negative tone this close to its finale'.