WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   World Tour Tiger Moth...Final Chapter (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   World Tour Tiger Moth - The Final Chapter (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32872)

aeromite 04-08-2008 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Parsons (Post 389993)
Buzz (and all). No problems. It is a sensitive subject and I can respect that. We are all adults and I look at this as a discussion (of the original team) as to what is taking place and what happens next. I as well as the staff are here to support the WTTM team. This is not about Wiggy or any other effort as they are separate unto themselves and I support them in the same manner (separately).

You guys have done an amazing job and I know it wasn't easy. Feel free to continue your conversations, planning and execution without outside interferance and static.

Mike,

As a pilot of the WTTM, I thank you for your tolerance here on WF. The WTTM project has been like an interminable pregnancy, and all we want to do is deliver the baby. When my wife gave birth to each of our three sons, she was in an impossible state of attitude each time, and I sense the the same level of angst here. One way or another it will all be over soon, and in the meantime, your understanding is greatly appreciated by this participant.

Thanks again.

AEAJR 04-08-2008 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 389987)
Mike, Don and other moderators..... I will apologize for the negative tone this has taken. I honestly thought I could get away from it by coming over here. I'm sorry for the problems.

Buzz

I have no problem with anything you have posted. Sometimes passion runs high. A couple of quick notes gets things back on course. No problem.

Great project and a great accomplisment. I am part of a similar effort just getting kicked off called Wings Across America 2008. But you and all of the pilots who participated were there before us.

Good job! :)

boomerace 04-08-2008 09:04 PM

Good Posts and good attitude. I thank anyone who has a hand in getting the WTTM to it's final destination where ever that will be. I hope AMA doesn't turn it down just because it's foam, small and doen't have a big honker fuel engine on the nose! Time will tell! Stay tuned..............
boomer

Biplane Murphy 04-08-2008 09:10 PM

I for one, Hope to someday see that Bipe in the AMA museum.:)

It will be nice, both as a Biplane fanatic and an AMA member.;-)

Buzz 04-08-2008 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by boomerace (Post 390102)
Good Posts and good attitude. I thank anyone who has a hand in getting the WTTM to it's final destination where ever that will be. I hope AMA doesn't turn it down just because it's foam, small and doen't have a big honker fuel engine on the nose! Time will tell! Stay tuned..............
boomer

It's going to make it. I just know it will. Maybe before Keith takes it to the Museum, he could bolt a nitro .90 on it. :D Or, I have an antique ignition engine made in 1920. It has points, condenser, capacitor....and I think it will run. Champion spark plug! But some guy wants me to sell it to him for his collection ... he's up to $750! That's a lotta stuff to fly! :D

Buzz

glewis 04-09-2008 01:44 PM

Checking in to keep up with the saga. I too want to see this story end as we had hoped it would. Good job Buzz for picking up the ball.
Glenn
WTTM pilot#4

Mike Parsons 04-09-2008 01:54 PM

Welcome to Wattflyer Glenn! :)

glewis 04-09-2008 03:42 PM

Thanks Mike. Glad to join in.
Glenn

Buzz 04-09-2008 04:18 PM

Hey, Glenn.... good to see you. Man, we're getting down to the guys who started this thing! It's been a long time and I just want the plane in the museum, where it belongs. Do you guys ever see Gene? I know he's in bad health and I sure wish someone could tell him what is going on. After all, he built the Moth... and I think it would cheer him up a bit to know that the Museum is interested....

Originally Posted by glewis (Post 390545)
Checking in to keep up with the saga. I too want to see this story end as we had hoped it would. Good job Buzz for picking up the ball.
Glenn
WTTM pilot#4

boomerace 04-09-2008 06:18 PM

Can you believe Saucerguy is over in RC Groups stirring the same old pot! :rolleyes: What a Jerk!
boomer

glewis 04-09-2008 06:23 PM

Hi Buzz.
Last I heard Gene was doing ok. His condition hadn't got any worse but he was still in poor health. I'll ask around.
Seeya at SEFF? Captain Carnage and I will be arriving Tuesday evening if all goes as planned.
Glenn

Mike Parsons 04-09-2008 06:26 PM

I saw those posts and want to make it perfectly clear. WattFlyer is merely a portal. It is not under our control as we have no say so on anything with this project nor offer any input. It is purely in the hands of the WTTM team and we are only here to support the needs of that team. Myself and the staff support this project from the cheering section as we do Wiggy, WAA-08 and any other project that would like a place to host it's story, success and tribulations.

Tram 04-09-2008 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by SaucerGuy (Post 389678)
we have already topped it with the plans for WG1, we have also ran a similar tour...

Topped it with "plans?" :) I guess you've never heard the expression.. "Best laid plans?" :)

That's sorta like the Patriots PLANNING on beating New York in the Superbowl.. :)

"Best laid plans..."

aeromite 04-09-2008 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by boomerace (Post 390653)
Can you believe Saucerguy is over in RC Groups stirring the same old pot! :rolleyes: What a Jerk!
boomer

Yeah, I saw it. Feel sorry for him, Boomer. Some folks are just searching for a life as great as the WTTM and all its pilots have.

Tomorrow's another big day for our WTTM:eek:, so ya'll say a little prayer when you go to bed tonight!:)

Buzz 04-09-2008 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by boomerace (Post 390653)
boomer

Not for long, Boomer. I'm turning the dogs loose over there.

Saucerguy is not welcome in this thread. What we are trying to do here has nothing to do with any contest with RCG. You will not last long there if you keep trolling... and I dare say, you won't last long here for the same reason.
Stop with the PM's! I don't have anything else to say to you bud. If you want to contribute something more than your angst.... feel free. But, mark my words... if you keep this up you won't be welcomed anywhere.
I'm not threatening you.... I'm just plain stating facts. You take that any way you want, but this is your warning. Stop your childish behavior on BOTH sites! You're standing on the end of my last nerve!! :mad:

Buzz

Buzz 04-09-2008 08:41 PM

So did I. :mad:

But, you're right....Tomorrow is the day! Pray...cross your fingers and toes...use the force to get to the committee! Direct all of your energy toward the AMA Museum! I'm telling you..... I have a good feeling about this!

Stay tuned! As soon as I hear something from the Commitee, it will be posted here. Get your beer in the ice now! :D Who will be going with Keith to present it.... if it's accepted? I wish I could be there to see the look on Keith's face. ;) He really did do a great job. We just got goofed up at the end. You guys be sure to take a bottle of champagne to pour over his head!!! AND PLENTY OF PICTURES!!!

Buzz

Originally Posted by aeromite (Post 390667)
Yeah, I saw it. Feel sorry for him, Boomer. Some folks are just searching for a life as great as the WTTM and all its pilots have.

Tomorrow's another big day for our WTTM:eek:, so ya'll say a little prayer when you go to bed tonight!:)

Biplane Murphy 04-09-2008 09:09 PM

We are all praying along with you guys.:)
I know the AMA wants that Bipe in the museum!!!

Best wishes,
Chris

Mike Parsons 04-09-2008 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Biplane Murphy (Post 390733)
We are all praying along with you guys.:)
I know the AMA wants that Bipe in the museum!!!

Best wishes,
Chris

Here here!

Grasshopper 04-09-2008 09:11 PM

Good luck guys! Hopefully we'll get to see the celebration pictures and see it at the AMA museum. We're pulling for you.

Buzz 04-09-2008 09:31 PM

Thanks to all of you! Tomorrow is decision day. I'm more nervous about this than I was when I flew the Moth!
Kudos to the administrative team here on Wattflyer. There will be pictures of Keith flying the plane through the front door of the museum making motor noises with his mouth. :D :D

firemanbill 04-09-2008 09:35 PM

LOL! I can see Keith doing that!:Q

Kudos again guys and I know it will turn out the way we all hope!:D

aeromite 04-09-2008 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 390749)
Thanks to all of you! Tomorrow is decision day. I'm more nervous about this than I was when I flew the Moth!
Kudos to the administrative team here on Wattflyer. There will be pictures of Keith flying the plane through the front door of the museum making motor noises with his mouth. :D :D

:eek: WHAT???? :eek:

Who took out the "A" gearbox out and turned the WTTM into a brushless???? ???? You MUST be playing with my emotions! :blah:

Actually, it would be really nice to see the WTTM accepted, as I believe it deserves the recognition it has so rightfully earned. BUT, either way, I have my memories of nearly 3 years with it as well as having flown it, and no one can ever take all of that away. :D

(you were kidding about Keith, "making motor noises with his mouth", right?)

AirWarriorBelgy 04-09-2008 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 390749)
..........There will be pictures of Keith flying the plane through the front door of the museum making motor noises with his mouth. :D :D

NO!!!!!!!!!!!::o::o::o

There are no interior windshield wipers ....he'll lose visibility and crash it into a wall::o::o::o

Prayers said once already....no need to doubt the will of the Lord or question his final decision.....but......the will of the committee and their decision will be questioned and doubted if they do not accept...even for just a Cameo once in a blue moon E- Flight exhibit.

Yeah....they'll take it...what have they got in there that has ever done this before?

Chuck

Elfi Flyer 04-10-2008 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Parsons (Post 390662)
I saw those posts and want to make it perfectly clear. WattFlyer is merely a portal. It is not under our control as we have no say so on anything with this project nor offer any input. It is purely in the hands of the WTTM team and we are only here to support the needs of that team. Myself and the staff support this project from the cheering section as we do Wiggy, WAA-08 and any other project that would like a place to host it's story, success and tribulations.

Mike: Thank you for taking the time to review the posts in question, and thank you also for your support and that of your Wattflyer team. In hopes that our little Moth will indeed retire at AMA, it will be great to regale our experiences with other WTTM pilots and those involved with the project, here on Wattflyer. I am looking forward to posting a report of a visit I might make to AMA's museum to see our special plane. I am confident others will share their feelings after having seen the plane at the museum, be it at Munci or elsewhere.

Anxiously awaiting..............

Kingcrash 04-10-2008 01:27 AM

Good Luck! The WTTM certainly deserves to be at the museum ..... fingers crossed.....

Way to go and congrats to all WTTM participants!

Mike Parsons 04-10-2008 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by Elfi Flyer (Post 390825)
Mike: Thank you for taking the time to review the posts in question, and thank you also for your support and that of your Wattflyer team.

Elfi,
The pleasure is truly ours.

Buzz 04-10-2008 04:36 PM

:blah::roll:::o;-):<::eek:

I don't have any fingernails left! I've chewed them all off up to the elbow.

I have no circulation left because I've had all my fingers and toes crossed for so long.

I got so upset thinking maybe they wouldn't accept it... I was on the edge about to jump. But, my wife talked me down off the coffee table. ;)

DECISION DAY!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:p Buzz

aeromite 04-10-2008 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 391105)
:blah::roll:::o;-):<::eek:

...I was on the edge about to jump. But, my wife talked me down off the coffee table. ;)

DECISION DAY!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:p Buzz

Thank God for your wife! :Q

You could have broken something - like all those beer bottles on the table! :eek:

Buzz 04-10-2008 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by aeromite (Post 391146)
Thank God for your wife! :Q

You could have broken something - like all those beer bottles on the table! :eek:

LOL.... I don't remember any beer bottles..... ::o

Bub Steve 04-10-2008 06:37 PM

Buzz'in Bub::Thats cause they were all!! HaaHaaa empty!! Hope'in for the best my bub,steve

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 391148)
LOL.... I don't remember any beer bottles..... ::o

Kingcrash 04-10-2008 07:08 PM

lining up for the strafing run...

1 Attachment(s)
They better say yes, or I'm coming for them...

::o

Greg

Elfi Flyer 04-10-2008 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by aeromite (Post 391146)

This is why I prefer wine. You can float home on the corks. :eek:

Buzz 04-10-2008 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by stevecooper (Post 391181)
Buzz'in Bub::Thats cause they were all!! HaaHaaa empty!! Hope'in for the best my bub,steve

Actually, there were a few dead soldiers in the garbage last night. ;)

Elfi.... I like a nice bottle of wine now and then also... but something about wine... it's like grease going through a weasel. :blah:

I think the committee should meet soon. I keep sitting here clicking on "Get Mail".... :Q

Buzz

Buzz 04-10-2008 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by KingCrash (Post 391196)
They better say yes, or I'm coming for them...

::o

Greg

Well, at least you have guns! The Tiger Moth was used primarily as a recon plane.... ::o

Bub Steve 04-10-2008 08:26 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 391237)
Well, at least you have guns! The Tiger Moth was used primarily as a recon plane.... ::o

MonkeyBub was chunck'in poo from mine last time he was here, Unheard off firepower an impact scores were good if not smelly, ,,Still hope'in for the best my buzz'in Bub, steve

Buzz 04-10-2008 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by stevecooper (Post 391243)
MonkeyBub was chunck'in poo from mine last time he was here, Unheard off firepower an impact scores were good if not smelly, ,,Still hope'in for the best my buzz'in Bub, steve

:D:D:D

Kingcrash 04-10-2008 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 391237)

True.
Richthofen didn't fly one either, but I couldn't think of a better pic to express my thoughts :D

Greg

crxmanpat 04-10-2008 09:40 PM

Checking in. Although I was not a WTTM pilot, a good flying buddy of mine was (Turbojoe). He's a member here, so I'll be sure to point him in this direction.

Good luck on getting into the museum. Any word yet Buzz?

AirWarriorBelgy 04-10-2008 09:53 PM

Well is it in yet???:ws:

How bout Now?!??!:silly:

Now??:Q

Chuck

P.s. in yet?;-)

Elfi Flyer 04-10-2008 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 391234)
.. I like a nice bottle of wine now and then also... but something about wine... it's like grease going through a weasel.

Uh....don't know exactly how to say this diplomatically, but....uh....there is a second reason why a cork is used for the closure. :eek:

And I don't mean Pinot Morr! :D