WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wings Across America 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 2013 (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   Wings Across America 2008 (WAA-08) ----History In The Making!------ (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32306)

Murocflyer 03-22-2008 12:51 AM

Wings Across America 2008 (WAA-08) ----History In The Making!------

Official Website

http://www.waa-08.org/

Or our weekly updates at RCFlightcast:
http://rcflightcast.com/

There is also a link in there that shows the Pilot's Map and assigned pilot numbers:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...045fb2c7ae1f68

The purple balloons are pilots with assigned numbers.

Thanks for checking in. And of course you have my email address so if you have any questions, feel free to shoot me an email.
Thanks,
Frank

Mission Statement

Provide an atmosphere in the spirit of camaraderie by having a single, focused goal of flying a radio controlled airplane around the 48 continental United States in an expeditious manner.

Vision Statement

Fly a battery powered model airplane (Stevens Aero SQuiRT) in all 48 states by as many pilots as possible at their local fields. The plane will be hand-delivered to the next pilot on the list creating a "chain" of pilots that theoretically fly the airplane across the United States and back.

From the WAA Treasurer:

Fellow WAA-08 Pilots and enthusiasts.
The WAA-08 Emergency Fund with PayPay is now established at [email protected] please use this new address for your donations via PayPal.

If you would prefer to send a personal check make it out to Don Jiskra and mail to:

Don Jiskra
1100 Bristlecone Court
Darien, IL 60561-3881
I will deposit your donation into my bank, then transfer it over to the WAA-08 PayPal account.
"Happy Flying"
Don Jiskra
WAA Treasurer

We could not do this without our sponsors. Please take this opportunity to thank them for helping out with the WAA-08 adventure and if you need some RC goodies, please think of them first.

Sponsor Website
Stevens AeroModel… www.stevensaero.com/
Horizon Hobbies… www.horizonhobby.com/
Redneck RC… www.h1073085.hobbyshopnow.com/
Common Sense RC… www.commonsenserc.com/
Big Al's Hobby Supply… www.big-alshobbysupply.com/
RC Pro Racing… www.rcproracing.com/
MaxAmps… www.maxamps.com/
Hobby Hangar… www.hobbyhangarva.com/
Castle Creations… http://www.castlecreations.com/prod...oducts_fly.html
Grumpy Monkey Designs… www.grumpymonkeydesigns.com/
E Cubed R/C… www.ecubedrc.com/shop/
FliteLine Hobbies… www.flitelinehobbies.com/
R/C FlightCast… www.rcflightcast.com/
Vinyl For RC… www.vinylforrc.com/
Medusa Research Inc…. www.medusaproducts.com/
Desert Eagles Model Airplane Flying Club… www.deserteaglesrcclub.com/
Steve Cranford (WAA-08.org Domain creator)… None

smokejohnson 03-22-2008 01:20 AM

Sure why not...I always look forward to flying with Grasshopper and Rabbitcreek :D.

Grasshopper 03-22-2008 01:27 AM

I'd be more than happy to fly it for Missouri and transfer it to Oklahoma. I feel sorry for the guy that has to get it to North Dakota, Wyoming and Montana.:D Sounds cool but 101 days is pretty agressive considering that only gives each state 2.1 days to fly and transport.

firemanbill 03-22-2008 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Grasshopper (Post 380544)
I'd be more than happy to fly it for Missouri and transfer it to Oklahoma. I feel sorry for the guy that has to get it to North Dakota, Wyoming and Montana.:D Sounds cool but 101 days is pretty agressive considering that only gives each state 2.1 days to fly and transport.

all that and math too!::o You da man Tom!:rolleyes::D

I'm in but there are already so many so close to me already.

Grasshopper 03-22-2008 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by firemanbill (Post 380546)
all that and math too!::o You da man Tom!:rolleyes::D

I'm in but there are already so many so close to me already.

I had my wife figure it out. She's the accountant.:Q

firemanbill 03-22-2008 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by Grasshopper (Post 380548)
I had my wife figure it out. She's the accountant.:Q

ahhhh... well that makes more sense then!:p

Murocflyer 03-22-2008 01:57 AM

Very good! Thanks Fellas. And the 2.1 days per state is not a firm rule. The goal here would be to just ensure we make it to every state and it be flown by as many pilots and as at many fields as possible in the 48 states. The time isn't a factor, I just don't want to drag it out for 2 years.

And Bill, we can't do this without you. You have to be a part of it. Someone has to fly it at the field that the famous EOT is held at.

Frank

firemanbill 03-22-2008 02:02 AM

Hey we could start, and end it there!:D

Grasshopper 03-22-2008 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by firemanbill (Post 380559)
Hey we could start, and end it there!:D

Does that mean you're gonna crash it on the first flight?:Q

firemanbill 03-22-2008 02:07 AM

Ouch... I Sure hope not... But I can fix most anything if I do!:D

Murocflyer 03-22-2008 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by Grasshopper (Post 380560)
Does that mean you're gonna crash it on the first flight?:Q

That was a good one Tom! :D

No worries though. I just so happen to have a backup plane in my truck right now. ;)

Frank

firemanbill 03-22-2008 02:15 AM

HEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!:eek::p

Murocflyer 03-22-2008 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by firemanbill (Post 380567)
HEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!:eek::p

I said backup. ;)

Frank

Murocflyer 03-22-2008 04:53 AM

Eight names and counting. Not a bad start for a Friday evening.

Frank

Rabbitcreekok 03-22-2008 07:04 AM

I already signed up on your other thread so I'll sign up on this one. I will be going to South Dakota, Wyoming, Kansas and Colorado on my vacation. Thing is, I always go after Labor Day. If that helps, let me know.

Murocflyer 03-22-2008 11:47 AM

Jim,

Thanks for signing up and your travel plans might just help. We'll have to see. I'll let you know.

Frank

Murocflyer 03-22-2008 09:05 PM

Got a couple more pilots signed up. Looking for a catchy name. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Frank

jooNorway 03-22-2008 09:16 PM

"48 Crash" (Suzi Quatro)...
"TransAm"

firemanbill 03-22-2008 11:03 PM

"Wings across America"!

Frank I was thinking on a smaller scale we coud cruise the state for a few days over the summer.

Load up thge trailer and west on 58 all the way to Bristol, work our way back up 81 to the Northern regions, head across 66 to DC then back down 95 to Richmond over through West point and down your way back home to round it out.

That could almost be doable over a week or so.:D

Murocflyer 03-22-2008 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by firemanbill (Post 380892)
"Wings across America"!

Frank I was thinking on a smaller scale we coud cruise the state for a few days over the summer.

Load up thge trailer and west on 58 all the way to Bristol, work our way back up 81 to the Northern regions, head across 66 to DC then back down 95 to Richmond over through West point and down your way back home to round it out.

That could almost be doable over a week or so.:D

Hey, that sounds like a plan. Do you want to combine that in with the 22 Jun fun fly in PA?

Frank

firemanbill 03-23-2008 12:08 AM

Probly not that week. We gotta go to Myrtle Beach the week after that for a Family vacation, renting a beach house for the week with my folks and both my sisters and their families.

Maybe later in the summer would work though

Murocflyer 03-23-2008 12:23 AM

No worries. Just let me know and I'll schedule some time off. And make sure the weather cooperates for good flying weather all week please.

"Wings Across America" I kinda like that. Maybe: RC Wings Across America? Trying to figure out a cool acronym. Gotta have an acronym.

How about the plane choice. Stevens Aero SQuiRT Think that would work?

Frank

firemanbill 03-23-2008 12:41 AM

That may not work then WAA ??? :Q

Murocflyer 03-23-2008 12:50 AM

WAA! Now that is too funny. :D

Frank

Rabbitcreekok 03-23-2008 03:47 AM

How about WattTravelers?