WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   E-Flite Helicopters (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Blade Micro CX Coaxial Ultra Micro Heli (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37262)

caltrop 07-24-2008 07:22 PM

Blade Micro CX Coaxial Ultra Micro Heli

1 Attachment(s)
This new micro heli from E-flite is due out this fall. Like the new Parkzone Vapor there will also be a Bind-N-Fly model for about $100.

This little guy is about the same size as the Walkera 5G6 but with the E-flite BNF I can use my DX7 and not have another transmitter sitting around.

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=EFLH2200

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH2280

Attachment 73617

constantCrash 07-24-2008 07:26 PM

I'm a guy, but how freaking cute is that. I think I'm going to sell my Walker 4#3

SkunkyMagoo 07-24-2008 07:42 PM

That is so awesome!!!!

caltrop 07-25-2008 04:52 PM

Glow In The Dark

1 Attachment(s)
There will be Glow In The Dark optional accessories for this bird.

I've asked Horizon if there will be a Glow In The Dark version.

Looks like it was photographed with a black-lite, but it's still COOL! :cool:

Attachment 73678

bassplayinDude 07-25-2008 06:23 PM

Wow, that looks really cool! :) Love the glow in the dark stuff too.

Goanna 08-01-2008 04:19 AM

I finally got a 4#3 and 5G6 not too long ago, and now I am going to have to get this as well, lol. I need some parts already for the walkera birds, so perhaps I will just wait it out and get this instead.

David Eichstedt 08-09-2008 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by caltrop (Post 447214)
There will be Glow In The Dark optional accessories for this bird.

I've asked Horizon if there will be a Glow In The Dark version.

Looks like it was photographed with a black-lite, but it's still COOL! :cool:

Attachment 73678

Nope, no pre-assembled glow-in-the-dark version, just the accessories for now. This photo was shot using only the glow from the parts. There was no black light involved, just a long exposure setting to get enough photons into the camera.

David Eichstedt
Horizon Hobby

darkwolf29a 08-19-2008 02:07 PM

I'm going to have to get one of these. :)

olliegarcia 08-20-2008 12:43 AM

No way I'm going to be able to resist this, especially with a BNF option.

RyuuChi 08-20-2008 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by constantCrash (Post 446782)
I'm a guy, but how freaking cute is that. I think I'm going to sell my Walker 4#3

haha, it is! i totally have a BNF version on order from my lhs allready!

Maximus Prime 08-21-2008 07:54 PM

I'll be ordering two- one BNF for home use and one complete package for use in the office. Total world domination is only months away.

bassplayinDude 08-27-2008 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by David Eichstedt (Post 454386)
Nope, no pre-assembled glow-in-the-dark version, just the accessories for now. This photo was shot using only the glow from the parts. There was no black light involved, just a long exposure setting to get enough photons into the camera.

David Eichstedt
Horizon Hobby

Hello David, glad to see you posting here at Wattflyer! :D I've read many of your posts elsewhere and appreciate you coming here to share your knowledge.

Laszlo 09-02-2008 01:17 AM

Finally - another bird will able to fly. I have two BCX2's - love them both! But I have a hell of a time with my Blade 400. Nothing but crash...crash...crashhhh..$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

David Eichstedt 09-25-2008 02:07 PM

The mCX is shipping to dealers today!

David Eichstedt
Horizon Hobby

RyuuChi 09-25-2008 02:16 PM

at last! I can't wait to pick mine up!!!

Sparky Paul 09-30-2008 01:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got one!
The Bind-N-Fly version.
Using the Eflithe LP5DSM transmitter for my CX-2..
Had to reverse the pitch, roll and yaw DIP switches.
The thing is a honey!
Totally practical for flying indoors!
note its DSM2, so the DX-6 transmitter won't work with it, but the DX-61 will.

rcproptester 09-30-2008 02:24 AM

I think I will Call Hodges Hobbies tomorrow and have them sit me one to the side... They look like fun..

carhop 09-30-2008 03:15 PM

Dip Switches

Sparkey Paul
With the CX2 TX you said you had to reverse Pitch Roll and yaw.
What are the numbers for the 3 switches.
I was wondering if you can bind it to the CX2 tx and the DX6i or would it lose the bind going from one to the other.
Carl

bassplayinDude 09-30-2008 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by carhop (Post 483203)
Sparkey Paul
I was wondering if you can bind it to the CX2 tx and the DX6i or would it lose the bind going from one to the other.
Carl

I asked this on another forum and the consensus was you have to rebind when you want to use different transmitters. I'll find out for sure once I have mine. I'm buying an RTF model so I can bring the el-cheapo Tx when I want to bring just the mCX with me and also use my DX6i when I'm going to bring multiple models somewhere.

If nothing else, the binding process will be quite simple since the Rx will automatically enter binding mode a few seconds after powerup if it doesn't detect the Tx it is currently bound to.

Sparky Paul 09-30-2008 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by carhop (Post 483203)
Sparkey Paul
Carl

Carl, I have 6 and 7 down, 8 up. (page 19 in the CX-2 manual)
I was surprised to find I could fly it without doing this!
It just takes a LOT of concentration, and be ready to pull the power off when it got out of orientation. :)
The CX-2 is still bound to the LP5DSM transmitter.
PB

rcproptester 10-01-2008 01:46 AM

I have a BNF version sitting in the back room at Hodges waiting on me to come get it!
Just curious, but how exactly does the binding process work and is there instructions on how to set up the TX?
I will be using mine with my 9303 if it makes any difference...

bassplayinDude 10-01-2008 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by rcproptester (Post 483475)
I have a BNF version sitting in the back room at Hodges waiting on me to come get it!
Just curious, but how exactly does the binding process work and is there instructions on how to set up the TX?
I will be using mine with my 9303 if it makes any difference...

I bought the RTF version, and the manual says that if you power up the mCX it will go into binding mode in 5 seconds if it doesn't find the Tx it's bound to. You'll know the mCX is in binding mode because the cockpit LED will start blinking. At this point, start up your Tx in binding mode and the two will connect.

I haven't set up my DX6i to work with this yet, but from what I've read, the easiest way to set up the Tx is as an airplane model.

rcproptester 10-01-2008 10:42 AM

that sounds easy.
Thanks!

rocket_jim 10-01-2008 12:46 PM

I saw this fly at my LHS yesterday. It's SWEET! Looked unbelievably easy to fly and stable.

I predict there will be a lot of them under Christmas trees this year.

Jim

bassplayinDude 10-01-2008 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by rcproptester (Post 483689)
that sounds easy.
Thanks!

I forgot to mention one thing in my earlier post. Once you've bound the heli to your Tx, always power on your Tx and let it work for a few seconds before powering up the heli. This will prevent your heli from going into binding mode again. If it does happen to go into binding mode, just power it down, wait a few seconds and power up again (while leaving the Tx turned on) and you should be good to go.