WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Oklahoma Dust Bowl 4 September 2012 (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=245)
-   -   Oklahoma Dust Bowl IV (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63990)

1987tc 06-10-2012 01:45 AM

It didn't. Larry ( warningshot) and I were they only ones who attended. :(

1987tc 06-12-2012 04:22 PM

I have been talking via email with Hobby King over the last few days. And they are planning to step up their part in the fly in. That is great news! They were a huge part of the fly in last year!
Wes

1987tc 06-12-2012 04:23 PM

contacts

Brett,
By any chance did you save the contacts you made last year about the fly in? And perhaps the email you used?
I want to make sure to touch base with them this year.
Wes

1987tc 06-14-2012 02:03 AM

I have been emailing with Toby at Hobby King about this years fly in. He stated they want to increase exposure and attendance of this years fly in. And want to again be the title sponsor. That is of course great news!
And with some of the new products I have seen on their site I am excited about what they might send! He also indicated they would have a presence at the event again this year.

So it bodes well for this years fly in.

And with the help of the other vendors we should have a bigger better event this year! I want to invite any and all vendors to participate in what ever way they are able to. ALL are very much appreciated. And will be acknowledged for their help.

It takes a lot of people and a lot of help to pull these things off.
Wes

1987tc 06-15-2012 05:40 PM

News from Hobby King

crxmanpat 06-15-2012 07:41 PM

That sounds like good news Wes!

And just let me know when you want me to seend some stuff for the raffle. PM me the shipping details and I'll get them out. I have a show next weekend in LA and can get stuff out after that.

1987tc 06-15-2012 07:46 PM

Thanks Pat!
I want you to know that ALL donors and sponsors are highly valued and appreciated!
I will send you that pm in a moment.
Wes

surfer dude 06-15-2012 10:42 PM

That's great Wes!
You should see if Josh and Josh from Flight test will come. Those two guys crack me up. If you have not seen there video's, you should go check out their site.

1987tc 06-16-2012 04:52 PM

I have seen their videos. And they can be pretty funny!
Hey by any chance do you have a list or database of the people you contacted last year about the fly in? and maybe the letter you sent? It would be very helpful!

Wes

surfer dude 06-17-2012 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by 1987tc (Post 873354)
I have seen their videos. And they can be pretty funny!
Hey by any chance do you have a list or database of the people you contacted last year about the fly in? and maybe the letter you sent? It would be very helpful!

Wes

Wes, if you will send me your email address, I will send you what I've got.

I have three different letters that I sent out about 2 months apart to every vendor. I also have a letter that I sent out to clubs, and pilots, and also posted at the local hobby shops, and handed out at the Jumbo, war bird, and jet rally here in Tulsa before the Dust Bowl.

As far as a list of vendors, I have them in my favorite links, but I can't figure out how to copy, select, and send them to you. If I still have them in my email addresses I will send them, but I think I lost them.
To find the 250-300 vendors, I just started with the advertises listed in the back of the R/C magazines, then somewhere on WattFlyer I also found a list of vendors. Then you just go to their site, select contact info, then send them an email, or most of them had a dialog box you just copy and paste the letter into. It's a long and exhausting process, I bet I spent an hour or two a day on it, and it would take two weeks to send it to all of them. Then I did it two more times.

Send me your email, and I will send you what I've got

Brett

1987tc 06-17-2012 06:06 PM

[email protected]
I appreciate you sending what you have. And I really appreciate what you have done in the past for the fly in too.
Wes

1987tc 06-18-2012 09:19 PM

Hobby king is planning on starting to send things next week if possible. I will post what arrives as it gets here so it can be drooled over!

1987tc 06-20-2012 02:27 AM

A word to our wet power pilots.

The DustBowl fly in is NOT an electric only event. if it flies it is welcome!
We want people to have fun no matter what they fly! Just as long as you fly safely and responsibly we want you to come and fly!

If you are not comfortable flying with a lot of people around you can come and watch. But raffle tickets and stuff. A lot of people win prizes too. Your odds are good. MUCH better then the lottery! And remember you are helping find a cure for Multiple Sclerosis with your donations and purchases. And as anyone who has MS can tell you that is a very big deal!

Wes

1987tc 06-22-2012 09:26 PM

July Planning meeting

We will be holding a planning meeting at the airport. It will take place on July 14th ( Saturday) target time is about noon. We will be there sooner and staying later.
All interested parties are invited to attend. Shoot bring something to fly and make a day of it!

So if you are interested in finding out more about the fly in. Either as a participant or helping out. Please head to the airport in Holdenville, Oklahoma on July 14th!

Wes

1987tc 06-23-2012 01:44 AM

rescheduled it till the 28th of July same time.

1987tc 07-03-2012 04:50 PM

flier

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a first flier for this year. I will work on a better one. But I wanted to get SOMETHING out and available!

1987tc 07-22-2012 03:42 PM

Just a quick reminder we are having a planning meeting on the 28th at the airport. Bring a plane and fly!
We are meeting in the lobby with the AC ON!
We really need your help this year!!

1987tc 07-27-2012 05:57 PM

Well tomorrow is the meeting day. We really need the help of all who are willing to lend a hand!
I know we all have lives outside the hobby. The fighting Multiple Sclerosis is an important cause. Not just because I have it. But for all those who have it and their families and loved ones.
A cure needs to be found!

My health is not as good as last year. So as much help as can be found is really needed!

Trust me on this. If you come and help with the event. You will be glad you did! And when a cure for MS is found you can take a lot of satisfaction in knowing that YOU helped make that cure possible.
Wes

crxmanpat 07-27-2012 06:11 PM

Wes,

I will be boxing up a few kits for you and sending them out tomorrow. You should see them by Tuesday.

Pat

1987tc 07-27-2012 06:13 PM

Thanks Pat it means a lot to have your support!
Wes

1987tc 07-27-2012 08:35 PM

I have had some that want to come say that cannot be there till about 2 pm. So if there are not too many objections we can start the official part of the meeting then.
I will be there about noon. Weather permitting I am going to try and get some flying in before the meeting.

warningshot 07-28-2012 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by 1987tc (Post 877411)
I have had some that want to come say that cannot be there till about 2 pm. So if there are not too many objections we can start the official part of the meeting then.
I will be there about noon. Weather permitting I am going to try and get some flying in before the meeting.

See you at 2.

1987tc 07-28-2012 03:31 PM

I will be there around noon to (hopefully) get some flying in with my T28 Trojan. So far the weather looks GREAT for flying!

Anyone who is interested in the fly in at all is more then welcome and invited to attend!

1987tc 07-28-2012 05:51 PM

I will be heading over to the airport as soon as I get a quick lunch.

I will be able to check my email so if you need directions or anything you can email me at w281959 at yahoo dot com.

1987tc 07-30-2012 04:56 AM

Hobbyking has shipped a bunch of planes and some helis and other stuff.
Also we are on their facebook page right on top!