WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - Problem building Wing Dragon 4
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 03:18 PM
stinkweed007
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Tireshred View Post
I was thinking if you leveled off the ailerons, disconnected them from the reciever and hooked the rudder into that channel it would act like a 3 channel? Just a thought...
If you are talking about the WD, honestly, it kinda sucks in 3ch.. yes, it easy to fly and it does work, but I first bought my Juinor (WD in Germany) and it was 3ch (rud,ele,thr) and yes, it flew, but the slightest bit of wind or even correction rolls you a bit to the side and its hard to get back without aielerons.. then I bought the Juinor Pro (4ch version) and now I cant imagine being without 'em.

So.. yes, it will work.. versions are sold that way.. but you will notice the missing control quite quickly..

additionally, about your prop bites on the wing.. If you cant beat 'em, join 'em...
I cut two triangles out of my wings from the trailing edge closest to the divider plastic, to the inner corner of the aielerons.. (here seen in blue) and I have never again had an unsightly prop bite after even a hard crash..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	wingcut.JPG
Views:	551
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	27328  

Last edited by stinkweed007; 03-30-2007 at 03:44 PM. Reason: attachment

Page generated in 0.02944 seconds with 9 queries