View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 11:07 PM
hillbille
Super Contributor

Default DR1 - fun slow flyer - scratch build -

I built a DR1 from PMJass plans derived from the FOAMIES - Scratchbuilt - DYI thread in RC Groups. There really isn't a "build" thread or a set of instructions either, just a set of plans which are tiled in either letter format or A4 whichever you prefer. The plans print out very well and are simple tape tpgether affairs which are then cut out and transferred to FFF(blucor) or depron. Depron was the original material as PMJass is in Australia and blucor is unavailable there - but depron is readily available.

The plane flies very nicely and is a slow parkflyer if ever I have seen one!

Top WS = 34 3/4" and I used a TP 2410-08 motor and the TP 18amp ESC with a GWS 10 X 4.7SF prop. The battery used is a Loong-Max 2250Mah 3S1P needed for the ballance factor - not for amps!!

Original thread on RC Gorups is here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288957

If any one shows any interest I might could be persueded to do a "build" thread here - it would actually just be a step by step build from the supplied plans. I will not post the plans here! If you want the plans go to the thread listed above and get them.

Get yourself a set of plans - post #67 in the thread above!

This is a very easy to build plane - looks great - and flys fantastic!

Pictures below.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4009.jpg
Views:	1099
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	55137   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4010.jpg
Views:	1463
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	55138  

Last edited by hillbille; 02-12-2008 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Fixed the link to the PMJass thread - works now!

Page generated in 0.05897 seconds with 11 queries