WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - MonoBot: Aerial Robotics Project
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 10:46 PM
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 391

Looks similar but completely different and better setup.

1- Modified the servo to be continuous rotation. I also did the necessary modification to be able to read the shaft position via potentiometer. I have a 180 degree sweep instead of the previous 120 degrees.
2- Revised the code to accommodate the new servo. In the new setup, I donít need to write the servo value 300 times every cycle to drive the servo. All I am doing is reading the shaft position and reversing the direction whenever the shaft hits 800 value on the top and 200 on the bottom. I am reading the sensors at certain positions based on the potentiometer readings.
3- Added GPS.
These changes made the unit way more responsive as the code is not jammed like before.
With the new GPS, I will not have to intervene all the time. In the first flights, I will activate the GPS right after takeoff and test the sensors. I will look into getting a sonar for the altitude hold. The only problem is that I am using all digital ports in the current setup. So, I will need to find an analog sonar if it exists.

I also ordered a barometric sensor to modulate the approach speed and enable altitude hold for higher altitudes.

Hoping the test the current setup in flight soon.

VAALLEON is offline  
Page generated in 0.02894 seconds with 10 queries