WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - Voltage Reading Conflicts
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 01:07 AM
murphy

Hello folks
A a novice as regards electric flight and as it seems to me at least there is a lot of information about on how to get started etc, particularly on this site which is excellent. As a raw beginner I would be grateful if any fellow member could point me in the right direction regarding Li-Po batteries, charging them, a suitable charger preferably simple to use and last but not least relatively cheap, which tells me the state of charge in the batteries and balances the batteries, and tells me by sound or whatever when they are charged, as I understand it can damage the battery if it is overcharged or indeed allowed to drop below a certain voltage, and indeed can be dangerous according to what I have read in various articles to be honest I am rather confused!!. When it comes to understanding all things electrical!!
Also how do you discharge the batteries if this is neccesary?, I have read tonight on the site an article about something called a "wattmeter" costing $5.00 and a G.T. Power A6 charger are these the type of things I am looking for? if so are they available in the U.K. I have two Li-Pol batteries rated at 1250 mAH,11.1 v, and 10c discharge? and also a balancer charger for 2&3 cellls, which came with a Park Flite RTF Super Cub which I bought recently, I used to fly radio control i.c. models quite a few years ago and I only used Nicad battery packs which to me at least were easy to charge etc, however I understand that given the advances in battery tecnology electric motors etc Li-Po batteries are the way to go in electric flight which I really want to move on to. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,murphy.

Page generated in 0.04954 seconds with 10 queries