WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - Gearbox for Kontronik Motor?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 04:34 AM
Larry3215
Look out for that tree!!!

I think 1000 watts is pushing a Super box pretty hard. Im trying to remember but I think Pete recomended around 500 max on it. The Monster box was the one rated up to 750-1000 IIRC.

I have run my Monster boxes at close to 1000 watts and they do fine. Ive also run Super Boxes at right at 500 watts for many flights.

You tend to wear down the plastic spur mostly I think. I have also worn out brass pinions but that takes a lot of flights.

When it starts skipping and stripping teeth on the spur you know you have gone tooooo long without adjusting the gear lash

The Inner Deamons will handle way more power easily. More $$ but well worth it.

Im currently running an Inner Deamon 48 on my Mega Capricorn at about 900 watts spinning a 22x12 APCE and its just loafing.

I love the sound of the Inner Deamons too. Sounds like a turbine spinning up. Check out the beginning of the Mega Capricorn video.

Im also running a Mini Deamon at about 600 watts in one of my other giant foamies and a Monster Box in another one at close to 1000 watts.

The Monster box is a lot lighter than the Inner Deamons but the Innder Deamons are tougher and will handle more power.

You can e-mail Dan at Inner Deamon for current pricing and lead times.

You might also give Pete a jingle at MEC and see if he has any Monster Boxes left or enough parts to put one together.

http://www.modelelectronicscorp.com/

Page generated in 0.04643 seconds with 9 queries