WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - Reduce speed envelope of Great Planes RV4?
Old 12-18-2010, 03:24 AM
Turner
Super Contributor

I can't make a motor recommendation other than to say look at the next smaller in the Rimfire line which is the 400 and also look at Great Plane's recommendation for that plane. The Rimfire 400 might be a better choice though there is a pretty big gap between that and the .10. Yes any motor a bit smaller than what you have now that is rated for 3 cells will work with your current battery and ESC. You want to keep the kv near but not much over the 1250 of the .10.

I have tried to find some more info on the RV4 but couldn't. Is that a current model offered by Great Planes? I can find the 54.65" RV4 but not one that is 41".

There is a wealth of information here about choosing motors. There are many other members who might be better able to help you choose one. One thing I do is look at the setups offered by many manufacturers of similar sized and type planes and copy their specs.

Page generated in 0.04818 seconds with 10 queries