View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 06:41 PM
Griff Murphey

Default New micro Fokker D-7 by Tower RTF $79

This is a gorgeous model far and away nicer than their old WW-1 line. The plane comes in the markings of Ernst Udet complete with “Du doch Nicht!” Tailplane markings “you ain’t Gonna get me!” Great lozenge fabric representation on the lower half of both wings and the upper surface of the lower wing, a nicely painted pilot, music wire landing gear... looks like a well built plastic model. The prop even has a laminated wood effect and maker’s tradematk. Streamers are attached to the tailplane.

One feature I am not sure about is the motor. The old line motors were highly fragile and any face plant would often result in a totally jammed engine which in turn would often burn out one or the channels in the receiver brick. At this time a photo of the engine is listed as “coming” on the replacement parts chart, so I cannot say. The plane is solidly glued together rather than taped... I can well admire the great appearance but on a flying model the ease of repair with a taped model is much appreciated. I had thought that since Horizon now owns them maybe they would have gone to tape but no....

Another feature is a super tiny battery, retained by a magnet. I suggest that if you buy one of these planes, you may want to go ahead and order a spare or two.
It comes with a transmitter, which has wire shafts on the gimbal toggles, I can attest that the all plastic ones on their old units were quite fragile.

Have not flown this plane yet!

Page generated in 0.04402 seconds with 7 queries