WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - First Control Line in a long, LONG time!
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 02:03 PM
Bald Paul

Default First Control Line in a long, LONG time!

With the impending demise of our club field, and prospects for a new flying site not going very well, I've been considering a switch from RC back to CL. The local ball fields are large enough for flying in a circle, and are pretty much unused during the day when school is in session.

I just ordered a Brodak control line kit (Flying Clown) along with the electric conversion (basically a motor mount and battery box to replace the glow mount, and necessary motor, ESC, and timer.) I may eventually modify a 2.4ghz car radio for handle/throttle control, and replace the timer with one of my Rx units.

I'll try to remember to do a build log on the kit, which should be fairly simple with a profile fuselage.

I haven't flown CL since I was a kid - that was a while ago - so initial "flight testing" will be more of a test of my ability not to get dizzy than the airworthiness of the plane.

Page generated in 0.06147 seconds with 9 queries