WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - WOT4 from UK ......
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 02:21 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

The story is :

My Office is in Dubai with sub offices in Jebel Ali and Fujaira. Here's a story that shows that Terminal 3 Security and Emirates can be really good !

I passed through Term 3 just over a week ago on way home to Latvia. The detectors were on high and went through it 3x ... but still it Beeped and red ... guy took me aside and did a full pat down ... explosives / drug wipes ... Finally cleared and collected my stuff ...
Took my flight to Hamburg and because of entering EU etc. - passed security again ... it was then I realised I had left my car key in Dubai Security ....

My Car sitting at Riga Airport waiting for me to drive home. I telephoned a friend who collected me and we decided best was to leave car in the car park at airport and go home ... 3hrs drive. Plan to get replacement key from Renault ... (they told me ... 220 Euros and 2 - 3 weeks plus code programming at dealers only !)
Next day after getting home - I decided to telephone Dubai Airport ... they advised it would be better for someone from my office to visit airport.
Guys from my office went to airport ... Security had passed the key to Lost and Found. Emirates being my carrier were very good and arranged the Lost and Found to make key available ... my guys photo'd and sent me picture to confirm ... I sent back Car Technical Pass copy and confirmation it was the key.

I rec'd the key few days later and car is now at home. I can only thank Emirates and Dubai Security + Lost and Found for understanding and finding the key.

Nigel

Page generated in 0.03105 seconds with 10 queries