WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - Homemade RC Glider
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 08:51 AM
aaindthu

Default Homemade RC Glider

Hello,

I wanted to do slope soaring so badly and I have finally found a place in Chennai to do slope soaring, but the hill was too rugged and covered with thick vegetation. I had a motorless Flying wing glider and I was afraid I would lose the model somewhere among these bushes and I Never did slope soaring before. So I am going to build a motor glider. This time with some good quality materials and extra functions like spoilers etc. So I thought I'll start a build log (again), if that's okay.
Here's the basic sketch of the glider
Click image for larger version

Name:	123.png
Views:	113
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	187466

I have decided to start with wings. It's going to be 2 meter long and made of foam, supported by 4mm thick plywood spars.
I have done the frame work on the wings.

Name:	S1140002.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	187467
The in-between spaces will be glued with High density foam and the space at the centre of the frame is for the fuselage.
The two short square-beams at the centre will be glued to the fuselage permanently and wings should slide in and out for easy transport. No rubber-bands this time.

Name:	S1140003.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	187468
The frame weighs 240 grams without the square beams. Seems light enough to me, for a 2 meter wing. Or, should I be concerned?
Please tell me what you think.

Page generated in 0.02787 seconds with 8 queries