WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - Homemade RC Glider
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 06:05 AM
aaindthu

Here are the pictures of my almost complete wings.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190521_183659.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	187476
The aluminium wires fit perfectly into the Gel Pen refills / inners that I have glued
on top of the wings.

Name:	IMG_20190521_183712.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	187477

Now I know this looks like a poor design and may fold easily. But I have another trick.
Here is a rough sketch of what I'm going to do to the fuselage where the wing will attach.

Name:	333.png
Views:	74
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	187479

I am going to glue some extra piece of foam to either sides of the fuselage where the wing root will touch the fuselage.
This extra piece of foam will have a large hole, in the exact shape of the wing cross section cut into it.
The wings will be made to go through this extra piece of foam before touching the fuselage.
This extra piece of foam should be able to restrict unwanted movement of the wings.

I know this setup is not on the better side of aerodynamics. I have read about "uniform cross sectional area rule".
The place of joining the wing and the fuselage should be preferably narrow to reduce drag.
But, it's a compromise that I'm making, between strength and better aerodynamic properties.
But, will it work as intended??
Please tell me what you think..

Last edited by aaindthu; 05-22-2019 at 07:38 AM.

Page generated in 0.02807 seconds with 8 queries