Old 08-21-2012, 07:25 AM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

I swiped a receiver with programming from my Eflite SeaFury, which has a similar retract setup. It would have taken me a while to figure out how to mix the opposite motion retract servos, without using the previous setup. There may be an easier way to do it, but it still took me a few minutes to remember that 3 of the 4 endpoints were adjusted using the Gear channel, but the 4th endpoint had to be set using the slaved Flap channel.

AUW and balance are looking good. As of now, it balances just a hair forward of the plan CG, but with added tail paint weight and aft wing weight, it should need a few grams of nose ballast. This is still much better than using the considerably heavier initial geared setup, and then needing a larger battery to balance. The AUW should be around 16.5oz with a 3s-900TP lipo. Wing loading will be around 12.8oz/sq-ft, with 186sq-in of wing area. I'll be more than happy with the roughly 8 minutes of flight time I get from similar setups, as wing loadings of 13oz/sq-ft are relaxing to fly and land on planes this size.

Short video of retracts in motion:
http://youtu.be/7gQUxUKVNCU
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Heston_Phoenix_22.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	162040  

Page generated in 0.05631 seconds with 12 queries