View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 06:49 PM
cjshaker

Default Maybe replace the fan assembly?

Had to replace the nose gear steering servo, cause of stripped gears.

Went to fly the airplane, and the fan assembly sounded like it was slipping again on the motor shaft. I'm thinking I ought to either glue the impeller on the motor shaft, or replace the whole motor/fan/esc assembly with a higher performance one. I previously balanced the impeller using dabs of polyurethane glue inside the impeller hub. It was pretty badly out of balance from the factory.

The airplane is easy to fly. The landing gear isn't very robust, the power is sluggish. The airplane isn't fast at all. I've had a lot of fun with it, but I probably would not purchase it again.

Chris Shaker

Originally Posted by cjshaker View Post
I have had no problems with the servos, and had several really nice flights with the airplane this week. The airplane is slow, but easy to fly. It's easy to land smoothly.

During my last two flights, I kept hearing what I thought was the ESC low voltage cutoff, so I'd land. The battery was fine.

The problem turned out to be that my fan was in the process of falling off the motor shaft!!! The ducted fan impellor fell off the motor!!

Ended up dead sticking it into the sage brush. Airplane got impaled on sage brush. Should not be too hard to fix, using tape and
polyurethane glue.

I was not impressed with the smoothness of the motor and fan assembly. It ran considerably rougher than my other EDFs (Sapac T45, Miglet). Guess I should have taken it apart and balanced it myself!

Chris Shaker

Page generated in 0.04316 seconds with 8 queries