WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - Learning to use a Hi-Start to launch your glider
Old 02-01-2010, 03:34 AM
AEAJR
Community Moderator

Cool

Originally Posted by eastbay View Post

Also, the plane tends to roll and yaw left significantly.

By trimming the rudder and ailerons, I've been able to compensate this mostly, but the trim seems excessive. I've looked quite a bit at how true and straight the plane is put together, and if anything, it looks to me like the slight curve in the body which is visible when you sight down the underside of the plane should cause yaw in the opposite direction. So I'm not sure what's going on with that, either.

!
If you have a twist in the fuse you have almost no hope of getting a good launch or a good flight. You have to fix it.

I suggest you start a thread asking for help to straighten out the Easy Glider Pro.

Take a lot of pictures. Try to get the shots such that we can see the twists. Make sure you get shots of the h-stab placement. Then we can get some idea of how to fix them.

Don't post them here, start a new thread focused on your plane.

Originally Posted by eastbay View Post
When I hand launch, if I give it a good throw, the plane noses up, stalls, and crashes immediately. I've trimmed the elevator down and put the battery as far forward as it will go, and it still behaves like this. I don't know if this is a problem with the way I'm throwing it or with the way it's trimmed or what.

Thanks for any advice!
Once you have it straight, then start over.

1) Make sure all surfaces are even with the wing, v and h stabs. These should be centered with the radio trims centered. Remember you have to do this with the radio turned on.

2) Make sure the CG is set where the instructions say it should be. If you were moving the battery forward to resolve this problem, but doing that will actually make things worse.

3) Make sure the surface throws are set to the throws recommended in the instructions.

NOW you are ready to try the throw again. Let's go over the throw.

A) Calm conditions and certainly no more than 5 mph breeze. Any more than that and you will not get a true reading.

B) I like to do these first throws over tall grass, or the softest area I can find so if it goes badly the damage is minimized.

C) Make sure all surfaces are moving properly. Since you are having a dive problem, tripple check the elevator. Pull sthe stick and make sure that surface goes up.

Now the throw.

FLAT FLAT FLAT - Don't throw up, not even a little bit. Throw it firmly, into the wind and throw it flat. Think darts, not baseball.

The best is to have someone else throw it for you so you can be ready on the sticks. It should glide out straight and pretty flat for 100 feet or so.

If it should nose up, then be ready to level it to slightly down so that it does not lose speed.

If this doesn't work, I hope you can find an experienced pilot who can check over the plane?

Page generated in 0.06752 seconds with 9 queries