View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 07:14 AM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

Made the inner linkage for the wing struts. I found some aluminum tube that is perfect for the job. The tubing is reinforced with wooden dowel rod, for strength, and makes a good attachment point for the linkage at the ends of the struts.

The first pic shows the assembly scheme. The pic's a bit flushed, but the top strut end in the pic shows the "exploded" view of the parts. When finished, the strut ends will have farings made over the ends, like the farings in the picture of the full size plane. In the second pic, I filed the ends with a taper, to meet the fuse wall flush when assembled in postion. The linkage hinges are recessed into the aluminum body, so they will not be seen, when the farings are added, and the struts are assembled to the plane.

Also in the background are covering pices cut for the tail feathers. I figured that I better start doing some of the covering, so I don't have to do it all at once, at the end. Still debating on whether I'll cover the fuse, or finish it with a good dope paint system, since it will be a bear to cover.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Seabee_111.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	29187   Click image for larger version

Name:	Seabee_112.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	29188  

Page generated in 0.04670 seconds with 11 queries