WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - Help Need build sheet instructions
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 12:43 AM
tobydogs
love to build!

Spike,
Birddog is right and and when you relocate the mounting holes for the bolts ,blind nuts would be better than the multi nut fastening design that may come loose under extreme stress and vibration your motor will put on those bolts. Just a suggestion....use the same bolts and use the plastic standoffs with the blind nuts and plenty of blue thread locker. better yet would be to get the heavy duty metal motor mounts for extending off the wood motor box.
This is my thought as to why. The Eflight 110 is a very big motor. good for 12 to 15 pound planes. The ESC should be larger than spec'ed so if elite says 80 amp,go 20 higher to be safe.[If it was my plane I would use 100amp esc]. You'll be turning a 17 to 18inch prop and the power 110 battery should be an 8cell pack. Don't be shocked at the weight of this as your power setup is very much like what general hobbies suggested. in fact your setup is good for a heavier plane than what your building. the Eflite 110 is going to have a lot of torque on those bolts and a noseover landing while the prop is spinning is sure to knock them out of alignment. Just a suggestion.

Heres a goof, my great planes rv-4-40 has a cowel very much like yours.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSCN2004.JPG (479.4 KB, 110 views)

Page generated in 0.02804 seconds with 10 queries