WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - HobbyZone Super Cub - Tell me About It
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 11:39 PM
tjones8043
R/C Lawnmower

Thumbs up

I would say that the supercub is the best begginer plane on the market. I started out with one and have since sold 4 or 5 for the local hobbyshop all as first planes. It's easy to fly, has great performance, inexspensive, and easily repaired. Break it half? No problem. Get some 15 minute epoxy and your back in buisness. Liquid nails "Perfect glue" also works extremely well. I would recomend converting to lipo's for an even better and longer flying experience. One good hint with the cub is to put a strip of packing tape along the leading edge (front) of the wing. This will help prevent alot of damage in the event of a crash. The thin cheaper kind works better than the "mighty duck" brand. Also recomend Deans connectors for the batterys. My brother almost lost his plane from the cheap connectors they use in them. They're a standard when you start building your own planes.

P.S.
When your ready for ailerons, the parkzoneT-28 Trojan flys like a dream and makes a nice upgrade from the cub at about $215 complete with a brushless 480 motor and lipo battery.

Page generated in 0.02759 seconds with 8 queries