View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 10:29 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

As Q says ... its just about evolution of the systems you used in 2007.

Motors are slightly more powerful vs weight ... LiPo's haven't changed that much despite Nanotech etc. You cannot change physics / chemistry laws. We do have LiHV now ... LiPo's that can be charged to 4.35V per cell instead of the standard 4.2V. BUT take care to make sure you know which you have !!

Everyone is waiting for the next revolution in RC ... and I think I can say quite fairly - its not coming from the Brand Leaders of old.

Your old Spektrum gear can now be linked to Multi-Protocol radios and they cost a fraction of the proprietary Spektrum Tx price. You will have possibility to no longer worry about what Rx is in the model ... the Tx will be user settable to whatever you have.

Models themselves ? This is a strange area - Foam of course caused a cataclysmic change in models - making what were difficult subjects flyable. BUT wood structure models have clung on and in fact still rule the large model arena. But Balsa is no longer widely available as it was due to environmental issues ... so alternatives have been secured ... particularly the development of Lite Ply - which Pilot pioneered many years ago.

Of course there's now 3D printing which can produce a whole model - or parts for. But I do not believe it will overtake the mainstream.

Despite the increased rules and regs - the RC world is still exciting ...

Page generated in 0.07340 seconds with 8 queries