WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - Anyone still flying on 72 MHZ?
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 02:21 PM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

I still have all of my 72 MHz stuff. My beloved Futaba 9C, a Hitec Eclipse 7 and several other Hitec and Futaba 4 and 5 channel. I too have a Tracker II. Bought it used many years ago because I thought the built in scanner was cool but I've never used it. Still have at least a dozen aircraft outfitted 72 MHz. Because of a club proximity issue with the heli field over 10 years ago I was forced to go 2.4 ghz. I now have a DX6, DX6e and Spektrum module for my 9C.

Since starting R/C in the 70's I never had any serious glitches that resulted in crashes. Only lost one plane due to some moron turning on his TX without calling out frequency or checking the clip. When Spektrum first came out all I heard about was "brown outs" and crashes with 2.4. The sheeple still flocked to the new technology and sold off their 72 MHz equipment for peanuts. I was in a buying frenzy for a while.

It was funny to see how since a new tech was released the sheeple determined that the old tech was obsolete and would now seemingly cease to function. Many even considering it dangerous! I was ROFLMAO at those posts on so many R/C forums.

Joe

Page generated in 0.02793 seconds with 8 queries