WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - GoBrushless.com Motor Question
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 08:33 PM
bz1mcr
AKA owner

Originally Posted by adoman View Post
Hey guys,
I just ordered a do it yourself kit from gobrushless.com. I ordered the GBX outrunner double http://www.gobrushless.com/store/cgi...brushless+kits

So far it's been difficult as this is my first brushless build. The biggest problem i'm having is gluing the magnets to the can. They just don't seem to want to stay. Second, no matter what I do i still get rubbing between the magnets and the stator. Any suggestions? Has anyone else here gotten a motor from these guys? Thanks!

--Alex
As others have said the GBx double should go together easily and with no rubbing. It sounds like you had trouble glueing magnets and may have a build up of glue between the magnets and flux ring. I suggest you take the magnets out. Clean them and the flux ring with acetone until all traces of glue are gone. Acetone will disolve CA over night, if that is what you have been using. If you have been using epoxy it may be easier to just get a new can and magnets.
Then use a magnet spacer from www.strongrcmotors.com and follow the instructions for glueing magnets in the "motor Building Instructions" posted in the Strong RC Motors "instruction documents.
Have Fun!
Don

Page generated in 0.02876 seconds with 10 queries