WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - Urban Kaos maiden flight. w00t!
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 01:31 AM
UglyNet

I have plenty more learnin' to do from this one. I'm sure that it'll be an evolution more than a flat out design for now. I'm converting Joe Jopling's plans from 3-view to 3D mostly as an exercise to learn the software I'm using. I've got the E-Flite S75 servo in 3D already so my battery pack and reciever are next. I did the servo this morning while I was waiting for the sun and temperature to come up. I'm using CompuFoil3D to do the dirty work on rib design for me and TurboCad to do the bulk of the work.

I have a couple of ideas for ground-up designs but I want to finish getting my feet wet on this mod to the ever popular Kaos. I doubt I'll do a 3D machine, there are tons of those already. I do enjoy the pattern ships but the current breed is too big for my taste and too dependant on composites, which I'm not ready to tackle yet. For that matter, I don't care much for their asthetics either. I do like the models of the 60s through the 80s so we'll see what I come up with in the coming months and years.

Page generated in 0.03117 seconds with 10 queries