WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - XXL Polaris scratch build
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 03:26 AM
Fviking

Default Sub

Hi;
The wind layed down about 6:30, I ran down to the lake with my Polaris. I am having a little trouble with the throttle and rudder on the same stick, trying to do some of that fancy taxiing. I am new to flying.
A gentle breeze came up and I ran straight into it, just touched the elevator and she came up so nice, about then a gust of wind hit so I hit the down elevator and my plane disappeared beneath the surface of the lake like an Olympic swimmer. It rose slowly to the surface, I waited a minute then tried the motor and it spun to life and I drove it back to me, and took it to the shop to dry out. All seems well. Well all of the blue tape came off and so did all of my tape hinges. We have been using this clear Hockey stick tape to tape down hatches on FE boats and it is super sticky but comes off clean, haven't had a hatch leak even when it was upside down while I paddled out to get it.
I put a coat of WBPU on the hinge areas maybe that will help.
Later;
John

Page generated in 0.02619 seconds with 8 queries