WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - Phoenix 2000
Thread: Phoenix 2000
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 10:44 PM
Panther
Super Contributor

Interesting to note.

I have now run several different motors in this P2K and have settled on the Turnigy 3542. Now this is quite a heavy motor (148 grams from memory) but boy, does it zoom to height.
I have used Dynam motors, Original Radian motor, KEDA motors and Turnigy.

I Returned to the KEDA motor eventually as it is lighter and I am now using 1300 mAh batteries.
I also fitted it with a Radian wing and am totally satisfied with the performance now. The Radian wing has spoilers fitted so it makes it a lot easier to land.

Another fact.

I don't expect it to last too long, but, I am using the 30 Amp E-Flite ESC and this motor draws 31 + Amps at full power.
Maybe it is because my motor runs are so short that it has survived. It only takes 20 seconds to get to legal height. (shall we say)
I run a seperate BEC for everything else including lights, Altimeter, VFAS etc, so, if it does cark itself I will still have control at least. Just so long as it doesn't start burning. The ESC is still functioning perfectly after all this time.
Contrary to some other experiences with this glider, I am more than satisfied with it, as is my flying buddy with his. These things get a flogging and still look as good as the day we bought them. They are tough.
They are not hard to assemble or dis-assemble at all. No more than any other glider I have owned. Besides that they are excellent value for money and if the worst happens, parts are available for them.

Last edited by Panther; 04-23-2017 at 07:09 AM.

Page generated in 0.02893 seconds with 8 queries