WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - Emergency 110v Port a Power
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2019, 02:02 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Build Review Emergency 110v Port a Power

Hi Everyone well we had another power outage here is So Calif. in the high desert, a big Transformer blew up and caught fire, power lines were in the middle of the street, we heard the Boom ) that was in the early morning, and it was on my street, and it was still dark, a few days earlier I bought some battery powered led lights that look like a light switch but it is self contained, they work great too I mounted them just below the regular light switch and they are removable. My Mother in Law lives with us, she is 80 years old, she is on a Ventilator, problem #1 and she likes to sleep on a Lazy Boy Recliner thats Electric Operated, Problem #2 when the power went off, she had to go to the Restroom and the Lazy boy was reclined all the way back and she is no little Person, Think Big Bertha Myself and others had a He!!!! of a time trying to lift her off that lazy boy, We did it but it took some time, Ok Thats not going to happen again and it would have taken some time to hook up to my larger Emergency Solar System and power inverter to bring cables and power into the house, we need the power Now.

Here is what i Did, I went out and Bought a Reconditioned Group 27 deep cycle battery, its rated at 100 AMP Hours, and 600 Cold Cranking amps, I have a 12v to 110V, 3000 Watt power inverter that I bought back in 2012, BTW the reconditioned Battery tested like New with a 400 Amp Draw at 9.6V on my Battery load tester I have a 2 Wheel Dolly and a Battery Box, so I put the battery box and battery on the Dolly, Screwed a piece of Plywood to the Dolly and screwed the inverter to the plywood, and wired it all up, It works great, I can power up any thing I need to temp, I can wheel the Emergency 110V Power anywhere in a matter of seconds and plug in the Lazy boy to get my Mother in Laws Big Behind out of the chair if its reclined back during a Outage, I can power up her Ventilator so she can breath better until I can Power up my Larger Emergency solar power system and bring the electrical extension cords inside the house, I can operate my Garage door opener to get my vehicles out and Make a cup of Coffee to get my Big Behind Going The whole thing cost me less than $60.00 since i already had most of what i needed, I Checked prices on the web for a similar power system and they go from $600.00 to $1000.00 and more, also I can jump start my vehicle too if needed, That Deep cycle battery is super heavy too, I will have a 1 Amp trickle charger on the Battery to keep it Maintained, OK I solved some more problems here today, so I feel good about that Take care, Chellie
BTW this power system can be used to Charge small to med Lipos and with a 150 Watt Solar Panel, can extend your flying day,

https://www.vvng.com/blown-transform...eria-near-vvc/

Last edited by CHELLIE; 11-24-2019 at 02:39 PM.

Page generated in 0.04650 seconds with 8 queries