WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - What happened to our 4 engine w-birds ?
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 03:30 PM
dahawk
Super Contributor

I also have the Flightline Lib. Great flying plane. Actually overpowered. Mine is the Tupelo Lass , one of the planes in my Dad’s squadron. They flew the early D version, drab olive green with the greenhouse ball nose. Have made a few mods including retractable landing lights, rotating upper turret , etc. the later Aluminum version was brought out when the threat had subsided due to German fighter attrition. Saved 1 ton of weight from the paint.

Dad was a Tech Sarge/ crew chief in the 93rd heavy bombardment group. 409th bomb squadron. “Ted’s Traveling Circus” after thei commander Ted Timberlake .One of the first groups over.

Based in Hartwick then to N Africa back to Hartwick, back to N Africa, on to Polesti for Operation Tidalwave. Back to Hartwick. Continued missions over Germany till the end. Spring of 42 till Spring of 45. Still maintain a small museum at their field. A quansethut.

I’m a dues paying member of the reunion group one of the few that has continued on with descendants . Facebook page , annual reunions, a historian . Pretty cool.

Page generated in 0.02813 seconds with 9 queries